How did you guys get here?

Options
Hey guys, this is my second/third day on this site and I'm wondering how you guys got here?

P.S. Am I the only who came from watching this video? XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs-Yjm3T8AI

Replies

• fragl3line
    fragl3line Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I originally found out about this site 2 years ago from a website called My pro Ana (MOA) which I'm not a member of anymore.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I stumbled onto MFP after I had already transitioned into maintenance and I've been here on and off ever since, (3 or 4 years now). I don't use MFP to track, but because the forums are active and has a solid base of very knowledgeable people. It's also the only forum I've found that has a large group of maintainers. That's an incredibly valuable resource!
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I thought you meant how did you get to the point that you needed to lose weight. Lol.
    My sisters told me about the app, they used it to log their food and lose weight.
    I got to the point that I needed to lose weight after 2 back to back pregnancies and a change to a sedentary job.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    A nutritionist recommended this site to me.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I got here from my Doctor. She said she used it everyday and it help her stay on track she lost 35 pounds in 5 months. I am decide to give it a try. So far so good! 12 days in 4 pounds gone :)!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    A woman I'd known for years online used it to lose over 90 lb and she wasn't the "typical" obnoxious whiny dieting freak so I decided I'd check it out too. I stuck to it and eventually did the same thing she did.
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend wanted to follow my example of keeping a food diary, but didn't want to go through the trouble of hand writing and researching food data like I did. He found MFP and I got hooked up soon after. Horray for convenience.
  • Tencwhiskey
    Tencwhiskey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I was referred by a friend who has lost 80 pounds using this site
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,996 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose weight and I knew it was about calories so I Googled "free calorie counter."

Ten years later I'm still here reading - still learning. Most importantly I'm still at my healthy weight.
  • jamtay15
    jamtay15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hit the magic 300 lbs and outgrew all my clothes. My daughter recommended it. Started in May it's now August. Down 36 lbs.
  • Dr_Fishbowl
    Dr_Fishbowl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get web md fitness tool to work so I came here....only to find i can't get the tools to work here either (i'm using obsolete technology), so now I just use google docs (Week 5) and just come here to weigh in.
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    A person I follow on Instagram
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    A co-worker decided to try to lose a little weight and someone recommended the site to her; she then recommended it to me. She lost 6 pounds, gained it back, and pretty much gave up. I'm still on here 5.5 years later.
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose about 30 lbs. I read the research that says people who journal what they eat lose more weight. I think I googled food journaling and ended up here.
  • Mary90Mary
    Mary90Mary Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I was on reddits loseit subreddit that recommended it to people that wanted to lose weight. I have done mfp before but I forgot where I first found out about it.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I typed in the web address and hit enter.

Sorry :P

I don't know to be honest. I think I started using Map My Run and it was one of the apps I could link to it. That was a few years ago and I've returned in the past few months.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I don't remember but I think I found mfp though a search engine. I had joined bodybuilding.com first but it wasn't for me
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I used to use Daily Burn, back when it was a diet and fitness tracker similar to MFP today. When they discontinued the tracker and became the streaming workout video service they are now, I tried a few other sites and found that MFP was the most like the old DB tracker.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    It was at the suggestion of my doctor, though I had seen it in search results on Google previously. Many fitness related searches in Google either land you here or bodybuilding.com (which I am also a member of).