up and down on the scale.......... FRUSTRATED...........

Options
I lost 4 lbs this week and this morning... those 4 lbs found me again.... this is so frustrating, but I will not give up. I keep thinking maybe I had to much sodium yesterday or maybe I need to drink more water but I had 11 glasses yesterday... idk... I know numbers don't matter the most but it sure helps to see a good number after working so hard this week.... :sad:

Replies

• patiencelahita
    Options
    make sure your not eating before youe weigh. and if you drank that much water It was probably just water weight hope this helps
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way! I went back up almost a pound and worked out soo hard this week and drank soo much water this gain was all in a day. Kind of makes you sad and frustrated, but you sound positive still keep at it. Don't let this get you down.
  • readingboy
    readingboy Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too. Two weeks of being good dropped me a little more than three pounds, but that was all removed by a single day of overeating. Now, I'm back to zero pounds lost this morning. I weighed myself three times since I couldn't believe it.

I won't give up, but it certainly took the wind out of my sails.
  • mathsgirl
    mathsgirl Posts: 13
    Options
    I had the same thing last week. I was getting really fed up because the scales weren't moving and a friend suggested changing the batteries. I did this and my weight the next morning was 5lbs less. I was over the moon. I checked it several times and it was the same. I couldn't believe it so the next day I weighed again and low and behold I was 5lbs heavier. Soooooo annoyed. I am now definitely only weighing once per week and only on my scales (although I weighed myself at the gym today and their scales had me 4lbs lighter than the ones at home). I think the important thing is to eat healthily and exercise regularly. Weight will come off :)
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks Ladies... I will not give up...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs this week and this morning... those 4 lbs found me again.... this is so frustrating, but I will not give up. I keep thinking maybe I had to much sodium yesterday or maybe I need to drink more water but I had 11 glasses yesterday... idk... I know numbers don't matter the most but it sure helps to see a good number after working so hard this week.... :sad:
    You shouldn't weigh everyday if you determine your success/failure is based on your scale numbers. Once a week should be enough.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh too often because I am new to exercise. The scale seems to go up and down as I learn how to use more machines and work different muscle groups. My doctor told me I will build muscle first, which weighs more , but to keep working out because I will see the numbers go down. I am feeling a difference in my clothes and some people say that there is a visual difference. I don't see it yet, but it feels good to hear it. Don't give up! This is not an overnight miracle going to happen. It took you a while to put the weight on, and it will take a while to get it off. You can do this!
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    don't worry... we will do this!!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Your weight will fluctuate up to 5 pounds up or down in any given 24 hour period. It's just the way the human body works.