Facial and back fat

Options
Hello beautiful people there..I have been working out and eating clean for last 3 months now...i have seen Changes in my waist,bust, thigh measurements but the facial fat and neck fat showing no change..my cheeks still plumpy and wobbly. ..and not safisfoedtwith my neck either...would love your valuable suggestions. .. :):):):):)

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hey there :)
    I don't think there's anything you can do. Your body pretty much picks where the fat is coming off and sadly it doesn't listen to your opinion. It starts in some places and slowly it will get to where you want, you just have to keep it up!
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Keep eating at a deficit. That and patience.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    People are different! We lose/gain weight in different areas first. There's no way to spot lose fat. You can do weight exercises to firm your lats and obliques (the title of your post refers to back fat) but it sounds like it's going to take patience to see your progress in the face and neck. Did you measure your neck when you started, too? There might be progress that you can't see in the mirror.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Another vote for progress photos and patience.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yep,I've lost weight from boobs(of course!) Calves,arms,ribcage.Thighs,stomach and hips still the same and it sucks cuz I only had 15 to lose,lost 10 of it but hardly think I'm gonna lose from where I need it with the last 5
  • esmerelda9479
    esmerelda9479 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in my face first but my stomach is another story. Takes forever to lose there!
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Be patient..i know easier said than done. Maybe take progress photos they help so you can compare then to now. We can't pick and choose where our fats falls off so to speak first but with a calorie deficit and time it does come off everywhere
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    if I eat salt or sugar my face bloats - could it be bloat and not fat?
  • pubali90
    pubali90 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ALH1981 wrote: »
    if I eat salt or sugar my face bloats - could it be bloat and not fat?

Hello ma'am
    Possibly water retention and bloating. .sodium molecules happens to retain water molecules..but i have no idea about sugar :'(
  • pubali90
    Options
    Be patient..i know easier said than done. Maybe take progress photos they help so you can compare then to now. We can't pick and choose where our fats falls off so to speak first but with a calorie deficit and time it does come off everywhere [/quote
    Hello ma'am
    If so then why some parts of body gain m ore weight...some ppl have lean extremities but a pot belly..or bulky hands...
  • pubali90
    Options
    I lose weight in my face first but my stomach is another story. Takes forever to lose there!
    Hey ma'am..
    That's partially great...
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My understanding, at least with my own body, is that you shrink from the extremities first, then more toward your core. For example, my wedding ring will become loser and my calves look better, then I can see definition in the quad just above my knee while becoming less flabby in my chest. At present, I still have flab around the gut (not as much) and thighs that I wished were much smaller.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We're in a similar boat. My face and neck are some of the last places weightloss shows up on me. Just keeping on logging
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My understanding, at least with my own body, is that you shrink from the extremities first, then more toward your core. For example, my wedding ring will become loser and my calves look better, then I can see definition in the quad just above my knee while becoming less flabby in my chest. At present, I still have flab around the gut (not as much) and thighs that I wished were much smaller.

I think it just varies person to person. I've been losing pretty evenly across everywhere I've been measuring. It's sort of annoying, since I'd really love to get rid of my wine belly ASAP, but so it goes.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. And the amount of fat/shape of your face is mainly genetics.
  • meganw2020
    meganw2020 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing and you will see your face slim down eventually. For me I had to lose 20-25 lbs. before I could really see a difference in my face, but it seemed like it happened almost overnight, I saw a picture of myself and was shocked how thin my face looked. I lose easily from my legs and hips but everything else takes what seems like forever. I agree with scrappy25 above though, a fuller face does make you look younger (and I think prettier), that's why many skinny people get fillers put in their cheeks.