Runners knee??

Options
my4boys2002
my4boys2002 Posts: 8 Member
edited August 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
:'( Ugh I've been biking or running daily. I think too much too soon my right knee is acting a fool. I can't bend and stairs kill after a bike ride or a run. I see the doctor sept 5th until then I'll only be going to see my trainer and nothing more.

Replies

• hal1964
    hal1964 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'd stop running and biking until you see the doctor. I've had the same issues with stairs and my knee but my issue is a little more complicated. Runners knee can get pretty bad, there are 4 grades, and an MRI is the best tool to find out. Good luck!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    If it's runner's knee, it's coming from your hips.
  • pauliet7
    pauliet7 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My advice as a cyclist (150 miles pw). The pain is felt in the knee but very likely due to tense muscles. The IT band notorious for pulling the knee tight when over worked. Also look at quads and glutes. A good foam roller routine or if you can afford it, massage will make a big difference in my opinion. I also play football (soccer) regularly. Since adopting this routine i have had much less aggravation. Good luck. P
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    me too. both my knees now. I have to slow down and that is just something I can not do., first I got bike elbow. stopped biking. then I got runners knee. stopped running.i have been going from cold pool, to hot tub to sauna. much better.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Rice it