Replies

• jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    bump
  • chinababe60
    chinababe60 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    sounds great. look forward to reading how you get on. would like to do it myself. Do you go to the gym? If you do I would like to know if you still have enough energy to do workouts while fasting please? Good luck!
  • chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread a few people on here who are on the juice fast, have found it very interesting and might join too.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292205-juice-fasting
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Day 1 started. My first juice consisted of Spinach, parsley, carrots, a small bit of fresh ginger, green grapes, blue berries, black berries, one red delicious apple, and a nectarine. Tastes yummy. I can really taste the ginger and the fruits all blend nicely. They mask most of taste of the veggies. I weighed myself and unfortunately am starting higher than I was at my last weigh in but I thought it was important to update my weight through out so I needed a true starting weight.

I'll keep you all posted through out. I heard the first few days are the hardest but I'm determined to try this for a minimum of 10 days to see if I start to notice a difference in my entire body not just my weight.
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 9 of a juice fast. Lost 18 lb. so far. 51 days to go in my case. I wish you the best of luck!! :)
  • cbpbro
    cbpbro Posts: 49
    Options
    Im on Day 10 myself, 21 pounds down and i feel amazing. I might go for the 60 days but it depends on how i feel.
  • thkelly
    thkelly Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Day 1 started. My first juice consisted of Spinach, parsley, carrots, a small bit of fresh ginger, green grapes, blue berries, black berries, one red delicious apple, and a nectarine. Tastes yummy. I can really taste the ginger and the fruits all blend nicely. They mask most of taste of the veggies. I weighed myself and unfortunately am starting higher than I was at my last weigh in but I thought it was important to update my weight through out so I needed a true starting weight.

I'll keep you all posted through out. I heard the first few days are the hardest but I'm determined to try this for a minimum of 10 days to see if I start to notice a difference in my entire body not just my weight.

good luck with this. it sounds interesting. i wonder if the shakes will keep you full enough through the day.

GO BIG RED!!!
  • husker_gal
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not on my own doing this. It's encouraging to know that other people are trying it and are having success. :smile:

GOOO BIIIG REEEED!
  • kelly1922
    kelly1922 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this next Monday. I just watched the documentary also and that's what motivated me. I started a thread but only got two responses so maybe I'll get more support here! I'm buying the Breville juicer on Friday. Good luck everyone!
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    Are there recipes or do you guys just juice anything you want?
  • Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I made my 2 morning juices as such:

1st two meals:

2 Medium Granny Smith Apples
    1 Cucumber
    2 cups of Strawberries
    3/4 cup of Blue Berries

2nd two meals:

See Mean Green at the bottom. They're both kind've ever so slightly sweet and definitely great tasting. My wife just made the kids a honey dew melon, orange and plum. Tasted like a great smoothie. And so does the above breakfast I made up today. Below are other options directly from their website.

Apple-Pear

1 Apple
    2 Pears
    1 Piece Ginger (thumb sized)

Carrot-Kale Combo

1 Green Apple
    3 Handfuls spinach
    6-8 Kale Leaves
    4 Large Carrots

Green Lemonade

1 Green Apple
    3 Handfuls Spinach
    6-8 Kale Leaves
    ½ Cucumber
    4 Celery Stalks
    ½ Lemon

All Green

Use as much greens as needed
    Romaine Hearts
    Kale or Collards
    Spinach
    2 Handfuls Parsley
    2-3 Celery Stalks
    ½ Lemon

Apple-Beet-Carrot

1 Apple
    2 Beets
    3 Large Carrots
    Spinach / Kale – (optional)

Spinach-Fennel-Cucumber

1 Fennel Bulb
    1 Cucumber
    2-3 Celery Stalks
    Loads of Spinach

Mean Green

1 Bulk of kale
    4 Stalks of celery
    1 Cucumber
    2 granny smith apples
    ½ lemon
    Ginger root (thumb sized)

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/about-the-film/learn-more/recipies/
  • husker_gal
    Options
    I made my 2 morning juices as such:

1st two meals:

2 Medium Granny Smith Apples
    1 Cucumber
    2 cups of Strawberries
    3/4 cup of Blue Berries

2nd two meals:

See Mean Green at the bottom. They're both kind've ever so slightly sweet and definitely great tasting. My wife just made the kids a honey dew melon, orange and plum. Tasted like a great smoothie. And so does the above breakfast I made up today. Below are other options directly from their website.

Apple-Pear

1 Apple
    2 Pears

Carrot-Kale Combo

1 Green Apple
    3 Handfuls spinach
    6-8 Kale Leaves
    4 Large Carrots

Green Lemonade

1 Green Apple
    3 Handfuls Spinach
    6-8 Kale Leaves
    ½ Cucumber
    4 Celery Stalks
    ½ Lemon

All Green

Use as much greens as needed
    Romaine Hearts
    Kale or Collards
    Spinach
    2 Handfuls Parsley
    2-3 Celery Stalks
    ½ Lemon

Apple-Beet-Carrot

1 Apple
    2 Beets
    3 Large Carrots
    Spinach / Kale – (optional)

Spinach-Fennel-Cucumber

1 Fennel Bulb
    1 Cucumber
    2-3 Celery Stalks
    Loads of Spinach

Mean Green

1 Bulk of kale
    4 Stalks of celery
    1 Cucumber
    2 granny smith apples
    ½ lemon
    Ginger root (thumb sized)

http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/about-the-film/learn-more/recipies/

Thank you for posting this! :smile:
  • mayflowerak
    Options
    sdaudel thanx for sharing!
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    Options
    How much and how often are you drinking the juice?
  • husker_gal
    Options
    Day 2 started. I'm doing ok so far. It's helping that im eating fruits and veggies for one meal instead of just juicing. This morning I had three handfuls of spinach, two green apples, one cucumber, and some parsley. It was kinda sour but grew on me quickly. First day at work doing this....hopefully I won't have any issues!
  • bt806
    bt806 Posts: 22
    Options
    Day 2 started. I'm doing ok so far. It's helping that im eating fruits and veggies for one meal instead of just juicing. This morning I had three handfuls of spinach, two green apples, one cucumber, and some parsley. It was kinda sour but grew on me quickly. First day at work doing this....hopefully I won't have any issues!

are you eating them raw only?
  • husker_gal
    Options
    yep. The veggies and/or fruits that are being eaten whole are raw. :)

Day three...going ok so far. I'm not feeling the greatest but I'm guessing that's just me detoxing. I am very glad that I decided to do this so far. I think all the fruits and veggies are really going to help my healthy in the long run and I'm going to continue to do atleast one large or two small juices a day after I'm done just because the vitamins and minerals in the fruits and veggies and the enzymes are soooooo good for you and this is such a great way to get a high dose of them all in one easy drink.
  • husker_gal
    Options
    This is getting easier. I'm finding better and better combinations for juices. I had one tonight that was three handfuls of spinach, one red apple, handful of black berries, handful of green grapes, and a handful of red raspberries. Served over ice...very yummy :)

Also, I found this recipe website for anybody else who cares to check it out. http://www.fernsnutrition.com/juicer_recipes.htm
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    There are days that I do a juice/green smoothie fast...my green smoothies are made with greens and fruit and water

2 handfuls of spinach
    2 or more cups of water
    blend in good blender
    add cut up
    1 apple
    1 orange
    1 banana
    2tbsp flax seed meal
    and frozen no sugar added fruit
    Enjoy this gives me about 8 cups of smoothie for the day
  • hmires
    hmires Posts: 14
    Options
    Omgsh...I watched this too...and was so motivated! I am just starting on day 3. I did fine yesterday...but was definitely jealous of others eating real food. BUT I am so glad I remained strong because I woke up this morning and I have already lost 11.8 pounds!