Would love some friends!

Options
Hey guys!

I'm just a gal looking to lose around 35-40 pounds! I have hypothyroidism which causes my metabolism to barely work and my new job is a 9-5 cubicle job which doesn't bode well for my already inactive lifestyle. (oofta) I need some motivation and a positive attitude to keep me motivated and I'd love to connect with some of you on your journey. It'd be great to support each other :)

I'm not looking to go on any crazy diets or hardcore exercise programs. I just want to make some healthier choices and maybe learn to enjoy some casual exercise to keep me healthy.

Please friend me if you'd like! I enjoy video games, musicals, and voice acting in my spare time!

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/the-cubicle-workout-how-to-workout-at-work
    Found this the other day and you just reminded me of it! Can be kinda awkward but maybe you'll want to try it.
    You don't need crazy diters and hardcore exercise programs, just patience and motivation :)
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I have lost 71lbs and still have another 25ish to go... I log daily and my diary is open to friends... feel free to add me.
  • Kermiya
    Kermiya Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here and I'm also mainly looking to make healthier choices. Feel free to add me!
  • LBoggie77
    LBoggie77 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm not so new here, but always appreciate new friends to keep me motivated. Please feel free to add me
  • sami2393
    sami2393 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is exactly my situation. I am currently in the process of finding out if I suffer from Hypothyroidism as well. My Mom has Hyper so I have seen both sides of the spectrum. I would love to be friends and help out!
  • sdlivn
    sdlivn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Would be happy to share the motivation.
  • andy2486
    andy2486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed when I was pregnant with my daughter in 2013. I have been off and on meds ever since and I started seeing a naturopath early this year who is more educated and more willing to help me with my symptoms rather than just medicate me. I am having a hard time losing the weight, again. I lost it previously to getting pregnant, but ever since it's been an uphill battle. I have started heavy weight lifting and although I am not seeing the scale number change, I am starting to see small changes in my "storage" areas. Would love more friends who struggle with Hypo and understand the issues that come with it. I also have a 9-5 mostly sedentary job, but I am trying to continue working out at least 5 days a week. I attend zumba classes monday and wednesday nights and weight lift tuesday, thursday and saturday or sunday.