Food Snacks Ideas

Options
Espee_Mo
Espee_Mo Posts: 1 Member
Hey y'all,
my first time to loose weight I am on shakes supplements and was wondering what are some good snacks? prep meals? or what you ate to loose weight in a lifestyle manner?
just need some wisdoms from those who have lost weight. <3
please don't try and promote programs

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I ate food to lose weight, in quantities to fit my calorie and macro requirements. I personally couldn't use shakes as meal replacements as I love cooking and eating; drinking my calories seems soulless and takes the enjoyment out of food. I also don't feel physically satisfied by drinking my calories.

Eat foods you enjoy, but log them accurately by using a food scale for solids and measure liquids. Eat mostly nutrient dense foods that support good health, but don't think you need to completely avoid certain foods or food groups.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I don't do shakes or supplements, I don't snack or prep meals.
    I have lost weight before, but to keep it off I had to make a lifestyle change.
    Renaming a diet "lifestyle change" does not make it a lifestyle change.

I plan my meals and schedule grocery shopping. I shop with a list to execute my plan.
    I eat anything I want, but I make sure my meals are balanced, properly portioned, and varied.
    I eat regular meals at reasonable intervals.
    I cook quite a lot from scratch and eat ordinary, delicious food.
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love chips and dip. I have replaced the chips and salsa with cucumbers and salsa. I still get the crunch from the cucumber, when I feel for something salty I just add some salt. I also like air popcorn with nothing on it.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Glad you are on the road to a healthy lifestyle:
    Some of my favorite snacks are :
    Boiled Eggs
    Yogurt w/ fresh fruit or granola
    Avocado Toast with whole grain bread
    1 pack of oatmeal
    Apple with 1 Tbsp of Peanut butter
    Skinny Pop Popcorn
    Almonds, Roasted no or low salt

My favorite meal preps are salads. I usually start with the same base . Spring Mix, Cucumber, Carrots, Red Onions ( I hate tomatoes and mushrooms)
    But I change to flavor profile easily with the toppings.
    Taco Salad ( taco meat, salsa, crunchy tortilla strips, mexican cheese & beans)
    Fajita ( Fajita meat with sauteed onions and peppers)
    Cobb ( Deli meat Turkey and Ham, Boiled Egg, Cheese )
    Club ( Chicken, Bacon )

Also I get a ton of snack ideas from Pinterest
  • doubledigitsbyjuly
    Options
    Snacks:
    Greek yogurt (with granola or chopped pecans if you like)
    Mediterra bars
    Quest bars
    Frozen grapes
    Mini bagel with butter or cream cheese
    Carrots and hummus
    Plain fruit
    String cheese
    Cup of cereal with unsweetened almond milk
    Banana or apple with almond butter
    Banana "ice cream"
    Air popped popcorn

Prep meals:
    Amy's bowls and burritos are good options - the baked ziti bowl is tasty and appx 350 cals and the bean and vegetable burrito is like a staple in my diet
    Kashi bowls are really good too, and they're all about 250-300 calories - I love the sweet potato quinoa bowl

Hope this helps!
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I enjoy celery and p butter or laughing cow cheese, boiled eggs, hummus and assorted veggies, cottage cheese, and fruit. I love meal prepping this week is chicken so I have shredded chicken for tacos, bbq'd, chicken salad and chicken and spinach roll ups
  • HangryPixies
    HangryPixies Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Salsa and rice cakes or rice cakes with laughing cow light triangles. Sometimes both haha. Popcorn is amazing too.