What's your favorite NSV?

Options
khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
What's your best so far non-scale-victory?

When I started MFP I hoped to get get out of the plus size department into a regular size 16.
Now I'm a size 10 and still going. I am still in shock!

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSVs are the ways I've been feeling. I have waay more energy than I did, and I don't lounge around in bed for an hour fighting to get up every morning. I'm up like just like that promptly at 6am. And my immune system seems to be a bit stronger too. I rarely get as sick as I usually did, and even if I do end up coming down with something it doesn't last nearly as long as it did.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    ENERGY!! I used to have morning coffee + afternoon energy drink just to stay awake. Now I have one morning coffee, but it's mostly for taste. I feel like I'm high on 7 cups of coffee all the time now!
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I've had a few NSV's, but my favorite is my hubby and mom saying they're proud of me for what I've accomplished so far. They can tell I'm losing weight and they're happy that I'm really sticking with it this time.
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have to say that my most recent NSV was when I was preparing for my garage sale and going through my closet. EVERYTHING fit or was too big! I was shocked! I had been still weating my size 10 jeans because I didn't want to know that the 8's didn't fit. I was ALMOST sad that I passed by some clothes that I liked and didn't even get to wear because they are now too big. WOOO!!!!

Congrats on your success!! I'm shooting for 6 now and then I will be thrilled!!
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    Reducing my meds. Fitting in a booth at a restaurant. The second one is still a novelty and I still worry every time right before sliding right in.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The VAST improvement in my mood! I am happy most of the time, I am rarely short with my children. I have great sex drive. It's really fun actually.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    The VAST improvement in my mood! I am happy most of the time, I am rarely short with my children. I have great sex drive. It's really fun actually.
    Me too! I have found my family relationships have improved as I have grown happier and healthier.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Having the only man whose opinion ever mattered to me rave about how good I look. That and being able to run my 5 year old German Shepherd into the ground when I'm almost 50, LOL
  • frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have so very many favorites. That being said, I'd have to say that losing the hump of fat on the back of my neck is probably my all time favorite. I was over the moon when I first noticed that I could feel my vertabrae in my neck.
    :bigsmile:
  • tweez8976
    tweez8976 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My favorites so far are being able to fit into all of the clothes I had outgrown and actually wanting to go to the gym!
  • traceywaugh
    traceywaugh Posts: 144
    Options
    I have so very many favorites. That being said, I'd have to say that losing the hump of fat on the back of my neck is probably my all time favorite. I was over the moon when I first noticed that I could feel my vertabrae in my neck.
    :bigsmile:
    being able to feel collarbones
  • JustBreathSB
    JustBreathSB Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Being too small to fit into my wedding dress, and my wedding rings are too big now.
  • Rockindreamer
    Options
    Honestly the feeling that this time, I know it's going to last and I am going to reach my goal. I have never before felt the resolve or the feeling that I can do it. Because I am not depriving myself of the things I love, just moderating them and being more aware of every calorie I put in my mouth. Hearing the "wow, you've lost weight!" is nice too! =)
  • espinozAgal
    espinozAgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love that I amhappy to be IN the pictures with my kids and husband instead of just taking the pictures!!
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have had a couple. The one I have just discovered is that I DO have a lap and that my laptop ACTUALLY fits on my lap. LOL
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I have a couple, first is just feeling better, I have more energy, fewer headaches and more confidence. Second, and maybe even better is that through my success, I have become much more open and love supporting others (I used to he a very private person) and as a result have met a lot of wonderful people by sharing my journey :-D
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I have to say the confidence and the drive to try new things that I normally would not - like on September 11th I am running my 1ST EVER 5K!!!!
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    I *love* cardio & sweating, I look forward to my post-workout protein shake, I can say no thanks to foods that used to be my downfall, and I have the confidence to wear things that before I might have thought twice about. :]
  • webfootcajun
    Options
    Last week the doc took me off my blood pressure meds and my insulin resistance meds. very relieved about that.
  • g8rlex
    g8rlex Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I live in Orlando Florida and my husband and I have passes to Universal. I remember at my biggest having to move to the modified seat on one of the roller coasters. Needless to say, I was mortified and kind of just refused to go back to the park after that.
    Last summer they opened the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and I wanted to go but I kept hearing how guests of "certain dimensions" would not fit on the new ride. Last summer was when I really kicked my weight loss efforts into full gear and by my birthday last September, I was down about 30-40 lbs.
    For my birthday, my family and I went to Universal to ride the new ride.. I was terrified walking through the line because I just "knew" I would not fit. Finally it was our turn to get on and I fit! I did not need to sit in a modified seat! It's kind of silly but it was great to sit in the "normal" seat. And if you haven't been, I'd recommend going! It's pretty awesome. Just don't drink too much Butterbeer.
    That's definitely one of my favorite NSVs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!