Looking for challenge partner on Contrave

Options
schuchmd
schuchmd Posts: 4 Member
edited April 2017 in Getting Started
I'm female, 44, 5'2", 280# and miserable. I know its my fault and I'm struggling to push the scale the other direction. Id like to partner w someone similar to my predicament and on Contrave. I'm just on day 3 and already I'm eating less. My goal is to feel better. I am unable to think in terms of pounds at this point and I just want my health / life back. My quality of life has been interrupted considerably. I have constant back pain, can't tie my shoes, struggle w standard daily chores and get anxious going anywhere for fear I won't be able to fit in the chair. I tried walking, pushing through pain and injured my back so badly I was put on steroids and had 3 months of physical therapy to recover. I need to get some weight off before I can start exercising. I'm hopeful that this is a turning point for me and I want to hear about you!
- Dawn

Replies

• onealz
    onealz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Same stats and same boat!! I'll be your friend!
  • HeidyMD
    HeidyMD Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dawn, don't lose hope! I have similar stats and goals. I'm also 44. I'm 5'5 and 246#. I totally understand not wanting to go anywhere for fear of not fitting in the chair. My fear is not fitting in amusement park rides when I take my kids. I'm always the one sitting out :-(. I want to change that! I just started Contrave 2 days ago. I noticed a small change, in that I wasn't hungry around lunch yesterday. Not much of a change today, but I'll see how things go in the coming weeks. I'd like to also partner up so we can exchange notes and encourage each other.
  • jessicaelaine82
    jessicaelaine82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started contrave July 31st add me if you want to
  • Valerie077
    Valerie077 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm 36 5'2 & started at 285 lbs (end of January 2017). I started off on Phentermine for 4 months then had to switch to Contrave since Phentermine is a controlled substance. Currently i'm down to 210 lbs. I feel amazing! I'm still not at my weight loss goal but am more than half way there. I have realized that I don't want to be fat anymore & have actually stuck with making healthier decisions & staying active. I have accepted that counting calories is going to be something I have to do for the rest of my life because I've struggled with weight since childhood. Don't get discouraged just keep trying, we can do it!
  • lisalou7812
    lisalou7812 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies I am not on Contrave but have been interested getting on it. I have a question about it though, do you experience any bad side effects from it at all? I just started this journey of loosing weight and have about 50lbs to loose. Thanks and hope to hear back from you, feel free to message me as well.
  • rachelboydpotter
    rachelboydpotter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find that staying very, very hydrated minimizes side effects. I also make sure I am meeting fiber goals. I've lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks (though most at the beginning was just water weight). I am not eating anything made from refined white flour.