2»

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    natasor1 wrote: »
    Nice looking girls normally have Hig(cm)-110(kg) In your case 161sm-110=51kg in lbs: it will be112lb.
    OK, OK... don't despare. If u can reach 161-100=61 (135lb), u still will be good looking lady, especially if u are big frame girl. Big frame means, that when u wrap your wrist with your own 1st and 3rd fingers, they not gonna touch each other
    So your ideal weight is 112 -135lb. Good luck

I always thought this was an odd thing to do-when I was overweight my wrists were bigger because of fat. Now that I weigh less, my wrists are much smaller. Does that mean my frame changed?

Also a fun little side note-I went down an entire shoe size during my weight loss phase. Had to completely buy all new shoes lol.

yeah i went from 8-9 down to 6 and no cute shoes come in 6 -.- Have to wear a bunch of socks to fit shoes LOL

Dudes, I just spent the last year really building out my shoe collection - if I have to replace them all I'm gonna be piiiiiiiissed. I'm a third of the way to my goal and I have noticed recently that some of my previously less comfortable strappy shoes are more comfortable now, so maybe all the chub was living on the top of my foot?

I lost 50lbs and had re-buy EVERYTHING! Shoes, undergarments, clothes, outerwear (new coat etc). I'm very grateful for Goodwill or I'd have gone broke lol.

I am in the questionably enviable position of having gained most of the weight I'd like to lose fairly recently, so I still have a lot of my wardrobe from 50 lbs ago. I've always done almost all of my clothes shopping via thrift stores anyhow, so the main difference is that I used to be able to shop at the trendier places. Now that I think of it, I think I wore the same shoe size back then? Well, it's worth having to find out!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Nice looking girls normally have Hig(cm)-110(kg) In your case 161sm-110=51kg in lbs: it will be112lb.
    OK, OK... don't despare. If u can reach 161-100=61 (135lb), u still will be good looking lady, especially if u are big frame girl. Big frame means, that when u wrap your wrist with your own 1st and 3rd fingers, they not gonna touch each other

I always thought this was an odd thing to do-when I was overweight my wrists were bigger because of fat. Now that I weigh less, my wrists are much smaller. Does that mean my frame changed?

Also a fun little side note-I went down an entire shoe size during my weight loss phase. Had to completely buy all new shoes lol.

yeah i went from 8-9 down to 6 and no cute shoes come in 6 -.- Have to wear a bunch of socks to fit shoes LOL

Dudes, I just spent the last year really building out my shoe collection - if I have to replace them all I'm gonna be piiiiiiiissed. I'm a third of the way to my goal and I have noticed recently that some of my previously less comfortable strappy shoes are more comfortable now, so maybe all the chub was living on the top of my foot?

I lost 50lbs and had re-buy EVERYTHING! Shoes, undergarments, clothes, outerwear (new coat etc). I'm very grateful for Goodwill or I'd have gone broke lol.

probably TMI but im still in the same panties as 105 pound ago me >.> I cant decide if im happy or saddened that they still fit and are cute....some are a bit loose but hold up just fine.... saved money anyway lol

You always get me <<this close>> to getting into trouble

:)
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me something about "ideal weight" after being significantly overweight or obese for more than 5 years. It's no longer that accurate. Weight training slowly increases bone density. Carrying an extra 100lbs for a decade, was in itself weight training, especially for my legs. So my "ideal" weight shifted up (per him) about 5lbs. Also, carrying extra weight, does build muscle mass (why obese people that lose a lot of weight tend to have very muscular legs: yeah, standing up while weight 350lbs was the equivalent of a 150lb person doing a 200lb squat). Once you get within 20lbs of the upper side of "ideal", get your body fat percentage measured. That way you know if your "extra" weight, is fat or lean body mass. If your body fat puts you at ideal, you know to ignore the 'ideal weight' number
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options

probably TMI but im still in the same panties as 105 pound ago me >.> I cant decide if im happy or saddened that they still fit and are cute....some are a bit loose but hold up just fine.... saved money anyway lol

How in the WORLD are you still in the same panties???
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »

That is some damn good elastic, is what I'm thinking.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Have no idea what ideal weight guidelines you're referring to.

basically all the BMI type calculators you find online. i think i just wanted to reassure myself that they're not the be all and end all :)

BMI is not the be all and end all, but for the majority of people, the range is appropriate. I'm just slightly overweight by BMI but not over fat (about 15%)...I'm an active and fit male and I see this often with active and fit males. I could get into the high end of my BMI and I'd be pretty rockin' lean. I see this much less with women.

It's not the be all and end all and should be used in conjunction with BF%...but the range is appropriate for most. The high end of the range is generally where you find people with larger frames and more muscle mass.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options

Hell to the no! That would have me at 39kg which is underweight. Where did you come up with such a crazy notion?
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm just about at the limit (high end) for my "ideal weight" according to BMI. I'm also about 21% body fat right now. BMI is just a generalized tool. Like others have mentioned, it doesn't take into account any other measures of health or fitness...just weight/height ratio. "Starving" yourself and "taking drugs" to reduce your appetite is likely more unhealthy than being 15lbs overweight.

I also weigh more than 135 and am a "good looking lady," at least the creepers at the gym believe so.
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is just emperic rule, which was around for last 100 years, just to bring mathimatical formula to determine what is parameters of a good looking lady. It is exactly what 90-60-90 rule of model parameters

Bahahahahaha!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    aim to be happy healthy active capable and happy with what you see in the mirror. Weight is just a number

That part
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

That is some damn good elastic, is what I'm thinking.

I was about to lie, but I had to think about it. I can no longer fit the panties I wore 150 lbs ago. I do still have some panties that are about 2 sizes too big. I do not know why. They will not even stay on me. I just wear them around the house. Weird. I know and TMI but oh well.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

Hell to the no! That would have me at 39kg which is underweight. Where did you come up with such a crazy notion?

I think his idea of a "good looking lady" comes from watching too many VS ads...
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

You always get me <<this close>> to getting into trouble

:)

;)

i honestly have NO clue. Like none. From 235-130 I went from wearing size L-XL pants to a size XS-S dress but still a size L pants...? and yeah they still fit....its ....not logical...Their all still fine quality wise to LOL ...And fit just fine besides being a touch looser. They werent even expensive just cheap victoria secret bulk deal panties. Not elasticy at all just the cheap cotton and lace ones they have... still fit lol. My body seems to make no sense lol
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Sweet! It's good to hear what everyone thinks. forever panties, formulas for good looking ladies... this thread has it all!

Awesome points made though. I guess I'll simultaneously aim for being healthy/happy AND being within/near my ideal BMI... without going back to my younger drug-abusing self :) Maybe now that I've learned more about nutrition I'll be able to get there.

sorry haha was just going off what someone else said hadnt meant to derail xD i stand by my first post, happy and healthy trumps a number. Definatly not worth using drugs. you got this
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    Sweet! It's good to hear what everyone thinks. forever panties, formulas for good looking ladies... this thread has it all!

Awesome points made though. I guess I'll simultaneously aim for being healthy/happy AND being within/near my ideal BMI... without going back to my younger drug-abusing self :) Maybe now that I've learned more about nutrition I'll be able to get there.

You've got my vote for most entertaining thread of the day.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Happy and healthy really can't be beat. Congrats on moving away from unhealthy weight loss strategies.