realllly???

Options
can some one for the love of all things GOOD why I am not losing weight or inches???
I am working out every DAY for at least 30 minutes (and that is the Minimum, most days its like 45-60 minutes and that is just cardio...) and I am not going over my calories..if anything I'm under a little bit...
Okay, well I have lost 2 pounds but that's IT.. I havent even lost any inches...I'm losing hope and finding it hard not to just say Screw it and not bother anymore..if any one has any ideas that would be Super..

Replies

• mamashrub
    Options
    can some one for the love of all things GOOD why I am not losing weight or inches???
    I am working out every DAY for at least 30 minutes (and that is the Minimum, most days its like 45-60 minutes and that is just cardio...) and I am not going over my calories..if anything I'm under a little bit...
    Okay, well I have lost 2 pounds but that's IT.. I havent even lost any inches...I'm losing hope and finding it hard not to just say Screw it and not bother anymore..if any one has any ideas that would be Super..
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    2 pounds is WAY different than NOTHING. You are doing great, stick with it. Maybe start monitoring your sodium intake, sometimes that can be a problem. :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming? I was only eating 1200 by the site's recommendation when I started. For my BMI that was waaaaaaaay too low.

You might want to check on that. Plus check out a lot of the thumbtacked posts in here, they'll give you good information.
  • kimmaboo
    Options
    eat all your calories and drink lots of water it might take a little for your body to know you are trying to loose weight eat 6 meals so its always fed and make them healthy adn you pull threw dont beat yourself up it took a while to put it on and it will take a while to pull it off
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I see that you started in January. So times it takes a little time to see results. You mentioned that you may be going under on your calories, how much under? From my personal experience I have learned that I actually do better if I go a little over instead of a little under. Also make sure you are drinking water, and if you are drinking something else count the calories in it. You can also go back over your profile and makesure you have everything set correctly. I know when I switched jobs I had to swithc my daily activity level.

Good luck.
  • mamashrub
    Options
    Thanks every body, its just really frusterating when I am busting my *kitten* and I see people who have lost like 6 pounds in a month, its like WTH???? I have never had this much trouble losing weight before (Its like once I turned 30 my body was like ok..were done now...) and I dont want to drop a whole wack load..i will keep it up but i Swear, if after 3 months nothing has happened, I am washing my hands of this whole thing..
  • puppylove84
    Options
    I totally get you -- I love working out and running, so I won't stop doing that, but it gets frustrating when those results aren't showing. I'm consistently +/- 100-150 around my net calories, my sodium is always at least 1/2 of the "recommended" amount and I drink a ton of water (well, at least 64 oz per day).

I know this site works from past experience, so stick with it best you can and look forward weeks, not days and you will see change....
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I also think it is important to consider why you are doing this in the first place: maybe losing weight should become one of the goals you have, but not the only one.

The fact is that if you are eating better, drinking more water, and exercising, you are statistically adding years to your life and that life will be a much happier one because of it. I think we get so focussed on the scale that we forget that this is about living a better life! About giving our bodies what they need so that we can be strong and full of energy. And the fact is this: you will lose the weight. People who stick to a restricted eating plan, drink water, and exercise lose weight. It might take time, though. Don't give up!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I'm busting my booty, too, and have only lost 2 lbs in the last 3.5 weeks. But I do know that it will come off. Just give yourself time, make sure you're eating your calories (including the exercise ones), drink your water, watch sodium intake if you can, and give your body time. I promise...if you stick to it, it WILL happen. :flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Thanks every body, its just really frusterating when I am busting my *kitten* and I see people who have lost like 6 pounds in a month, its like WTH???? I have never had this much trouble losing weight before (Its like once I turned 30 my body was like ok..were done now...) and I dont want to drop a whole wack load..i will keep it up but i Swear, if after 3 months nothing has happened, I am washing my hands of this whole thing..

Don't wash your hands!! It has taken me a year to lose 30 pounds. But I am sooooo thankful I stuck with it because I have never been healthier. I still have a ways to go but I stopped putting pressure on myself to be some stick figure that I will never be and just be happy with the new muscular body that I have.
    It may take time but you will have so much more pride in yourself if you stick with it!! :flowerforyou:
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been at a plateau for a few weeks, and I definitely feel your pain. I decided that I had to do something, anything to get over it. I ended up actually eating more (added 100-200 cal, depending on how much exercise I was doing that day... crazy huh?), changing up my workout routine (I was just doing elliptical, and changed to 30 day shred dvd, and I plan to change again once I hit the 30 days), and I'm trying really hard to give up my diet soda for water. So far in the 2 weeks that I've done this, I've lost 2 pounds. I'm hoping this means I'm out of my plateau, and I'm hoping this might give you some ideas to get out of yours.
  • Julie837
    Options
    Hi, I've only lost 3 pounds, but I lost 2 inches off my waist in three weeks, so maybe you should try measuring yourself and lay off the scale for awhile... Hope that helps, Julie