Options
sdsaumer
sdsaumer Posts: 2 Member
I have a hard time with lunches, can you help me with ideas please

Replies

• CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My go to is salad. Kale, spinach, 1/2 avocado, tomato, cucumber, carrots and a homemade, low cal vinaigrette. Sometimes I'll sunflower seeds or pepitas and I almost always mix up the veggies.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Last night's supper left overs. If you normally don't have left overs, make a larger amount when you cook.
  • Tatumn76
    Tatumn76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I make a poached egg on garlic toast anytime of the day
  • CatastrophicPuns
    CatastrophicPuns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Your meals will depend on how strict your diet is...so hopefully it's not too strict, but...

Tortillas are a simple vehicle for all kinds of meals. I buy low-carb (6g net carbs) wheat tortilla wrappers, and its super easy to throw on any meat along with some vegetables, cooked or uncooked, and it breaks up the monotony of eating those plain meals: Example: thin sliced chicken breast with lettuce, tomato, cheese; sliced steak with thin sliced peppers; salmon with shredded cabbage...or any combination you like, even a breakfast wrap with scrambled eggs!

It's quite handy even if you're on a strict diet, because you can set the tortilla right on the scale and weigh all your ingredients as you add them. Hope this helps!
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My go to is generally a salad. Lettuce, spinach, carrot, cucumber, peppers, red onion. Then ill add a boiled egg or a small tin of tuna or some cooked chicken.

Eggs, scrambled or poached on a slice of bread, Chicken salad sandwich or i make what i call a snack plate. Ill cut up small amounts of whatever vege i have on hand, cheese, fruit, couple of crackers. Mixes it up from the same thing every day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Leftovers. I zip it up by adding cheese, putting it on a salad or putting it in a wrap. I add a fruit.
  • 317jole
    317jole Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son liked different flavor sandwiches everyday. Go to the deli counter on the weekend and order just enough for one or two sandwich (.25 of lb) of different cold cuts for the week. We have Boar head brand and I as an example I would get jerk turkey, pastrami, rare roast beef, tavern ham, barbecue chicken. Pair with mustards , red onion, pickle, tomato, leaf lettuce, spinach. That way you have a different sandwich or meat topping for salad every day. I only bought one type of bread but used tortillas for wraps.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    q1s36vzindof.jpg

This is so impressive!!! I need you to come to my house and meal prep for the week!
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    q1s36vzindof.jpg

This is so impressive!!! I need you to come to my house and meal prep for the week!

Iconmeals.com and fit and fresh.com. They have healthy meals already fresh delivered to your door. Runs fairly cheap $7-9 a meal. And if you make yourself breakfast or you could buy lunch and dinner for fairly cheap I think and it's delicious all below 500 calories. Fit and fresh has free shipping.