BMR

Options
So I just did my BMR for the fun of it, mines 1344, but mfp is telling me to eat 1370 a day, I am confused?

Replies

• destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Shouldnt I be eating less? i dont want to maintain
  • sarahazen
    sarahazen Posts: 34
    Options
    Then you eat your 13 whatever and exercise....don't eat back the exercise and you will lose.
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    BMR doesn't include your normal daily activity not counting exercise. So, if you are sedentary and do the activity multiplier, your RMR is actually 1612.8. So, eating 1370 without exercise will be approximate a 1/2 pound loss per week. If you are more active, or listed more active then sedentary, then your RMR goes up and the deficit can then be bigger at 1370 calories. The Minimum you should eat is your BMR, not the 1200 calories that is so widely promoted. If you add in exercise, you should also eat back those calories to maintain the same deficit that MFP already has set for you. You can increase the deficit by only eating a portion of your exercise calories back.
  • PandaFlight
    Options
    BMR is what's needed to keep your body warm and your organs functioning. Walking to the front door, or even getting up out of bed is counted as excess energy and more calories burned on top of the thirteen hundredish you burn through out the day.