Cellulite

Options
I have cellulite really bad all over my body....arms, tummy ,sides , legs but especially above my knees. So much so that I won't wear shorts or dresses knee-length or above. Does it ever go away and what would u recommend to help reduce it a bit .

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yes it can go away. I found strength training has worked best for me as well as maintaining a healthy weight.
  • normski1972
    normski1972 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am about 21 pounds over weight
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Remember that: There are no creams to cure it. Don't fall for the internet "scams". Have you tried that Jergens tanning lotion? It can help "hide" the marks so you can wear those shorts.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've done a lot of research on cellulite. I developed it after going on birth control. Personally I believe it's hormonally related-specifically estrogen/ estrogen dominance

I think that strength training works to reduce it by increasing testosterone.

Losing body fat will decrease estrogen in the body as fat cells produce estrogen.

I have started to use a progesterone cream on the area and will update with my progress. I'm also avoiding dairy and soy.

I find that gaining body fat, drinking coffee, alcohol and dehydration makes it look worse.
    An increase in soy products in my diet seemed to correlate to my cellist getting worse. I'm an hourglass shape BTW with naturally high levels of estrogen.
  • normski1972
    normski1972 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's interesting as I think mine got worse after going on the birth control pill.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    It certainly improves when I have more muscle mass, but I had cellulite even when I was underweight. No reason not to wear what you like; anyone who would judge you for it is someone whose opinion shouldn't matter.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Mine disappears when I strength train regularly.
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    That's interesting as I think mine got worse after going on the birth control pill.

I think mine did too. I noticed that recently it has become worse and wonder if that's the cause. Hmmm PMS or cellulite - I have to choose one...