"Time of the month" cravings. CHEAT MEAL??

Options
This is for anyone to read and give advice, but, LADIES! Do you go crazy with cravings around your period? 1 day before I start, up until day 2 in, I have cravings so bad! What should I do? I'm trying to obviously lose weight! Is it ok to have a cheat meal/snacks while on my monthly, as long as I get right back to it afterwards? I just need advice before I make a bad decision!

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I don't have this issue personally, but I know many women who eat at or near maintenance for a day or three around TOM. Not a big deal at all - remember, you don't gain weight if you're at maintenance. It's always okay to do what you need to do to stay sane, and it's better to make an intentional decision then hold out and potentially crack and binge.
  • Batemama
    Batemama Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I tend to be starving a few days before my period and then have zero hunger the first couple of days after I start. So I'm over my calorie goal a few days, under my calorie goal a few days, and then back to normal. Exercise helps with the cravings and also gives me some more calories to eat.
  • happyauntie2015
    happyauntie2015 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Just work it into your calories even if it means eating at maintenance
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Of course it's alright! I also have this happen. I let myself eat at maintenance or maybe even right above. It keeps me sane and I just get back on track later. Just log it all and move forward after the craving subside.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This has been me the last few days. I went and got some diet coke and some 90calorie choc brownies to have on hand so although i want that treat its not sending my calories super high. I also eat a lot more. I find if i dont it gets to after dinner and im so starving im more likely to have a crazy binge on something.
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I exercise for extra cals or work a treat into my day, usually the evening bc then I look forward to it and don't go crazy during the day. I've lost weight the last 2 periods, I was shocked!!
  • RunStart34
    RunStart34 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I actually know around when TOM is about to come so i work extra hard as well as eat super clean the week before. By the time the craving come I let my self cheat with one meal without feeling bad. However, prepare yourself , if that meal or meals have a lot of sodium you will retain more water then usual during your TOM.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If i need to I eat at maintenance for a few days.....and if the cravings are really bad then I add a few extra miles to run.
  • arianapolitis
    arianapolitis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I fit my "cravings" into my calories for the day. I'm bloated this week and pms-ing and have been eating cheez it's for dinner every night lol but it fits in my calorie goal so I don't feel bad at all
  • womanisadevil
    womanisadevil Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat at maintenance or a little over because I can't deal, if I don't eat what I want I just end up binging.

I usually take the first two days as rest days from exercise because of pain so I'm extra ravenous on rest days.

If i go a couple hundred over maintenance I'll do some extra exercise when I feel better to burn some calories.

If you look at you calorie intake by a weekly scale it can help, like shaving a 100 calories off for a week prior to when you know you'll start and saving them for those days!
    Helps if you want to eat out or have some wine on the weekends to "bank" calories. :smile: