Work Out Clothes While Losing Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I am a c to d cup I need high impact sports bras. I buy them on sale and even bought a few a size down. You really only need 2 or 3
    Basically I use Wal-Mart and target for everything else and under armour high impact sports bras for sports bras.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts! They are tight and at first I was totally uncomfortable, but as I've lost they just look better and stay on just fine! I love Nike pros. I get mine from the Nike outlet. They aren't the cheapest shorts I've ever bought, but they are the best and have lasted the longest
  • bloyola
    bloyola Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I seriously want to have this problem. ;)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Goodwill!
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I just bought clothes as I lost the weight. I had XL starting out and went to Large...I lost like 40 something pounds and bought all Small pants and Bras. Now my smalls are too big after a 54 pounds lost. Damn sure not about to size down to XS LOL.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Walmart has very inexpensive workout clothes.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Didn't even think about adding a cord - that's brilliant!

I got several really amazing workout/yoga pants from a friend and didn't want to have to cut them out of my wardrobe for good just yet. Shorts aren't really an option yet (chafing, anyone?). May have to switch to joggers at some point as PP had suggested.

Look up "double layer" running shorts. I have two from Champion. They are spandex to the thigh, with a mesh short on top. No thigh chaffing and the looser shorts on top makes them a bit more concealing. They also last forever, had mine for over a year - thank goodness they have a drawstring!
  • VeronicaA76
    Options
    Okay I just had another incident with a young lady that didn't understand the difference between "leggings" and active wear. Fashion leggings are see thru when you bend over (all of them). Quitely informed the young lady (in the locker room) that I could clearly make out that she was wearing floral underwear under her leggings. Now, active wear leggings: they are made to be stretched without becoming see through. They are often sold as "runners tights". As far as yoga pants, make sure they are "active wear" and not "fashion wear", same issue. Just an FYI. Some people either won't tell you, or say something in front of everyone.
  • VeronicaA76
    Options
    I just bought clothes as I lost the weight. I had XL starting out and went to Large...I lost like 40 something pounds and bought all Small pants and Bras. Now my smalls are too big after a 54 pounds lost. Damn sure not about to size down to XS LOL.

Well, not yet anyways. You'll be surprised how weird vanity sizing can be. I don't understand how I can be a medium and still be overweight.
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Okay I just had another incident with a young lady that didn't understand the difference between "leggings" and active wear. Fashion leggings are see thru when you bend over (all of them). Quitely informed the young lady (in the locker room) that I could clearly make out that she was wearing floral underwear under her leggings. Now, active wear leggings: they are made to be stretched without becoming see through. They are often sold as "runners tights". As far as yoga pants, make sure they are "active wear" and not "fashion wear", same issue. Just an FYI. Some people either won't tell you, or say something in front of everyone.

Always, always always do the squat test before buying, because some clothing companies are liars and their "active wear" stuff is just as bad.

Also, Old Navy currently has some crazy good deals online. Just saying!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Love all the suggestions and ideas here. Just one I wanted to add...I go to a lot of thrift stores (like dozens a month) and I have found that thrift stores nearest major universities are THE BEST place to find active wear that has barely (if ever) been worn. Everything from JC Penney Xersion and other off brands and store brands, to the big names like Lululemon, Athleta, Nike, Puma, New Balance, Fila, etc. It's like a treasure trove, I swear!! And they tend to have all sizes, too.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. For some reason I've worn my same workout clothes the entire time. After two pregnancies. Apparently the pants were just tight. They fit now. They don't fall off. Maybe I'm just not small enough yet. Lol! I don't know. I haven't had to buy anything new. Even the sports bras still fit. Oh well.