If you could only have one song on your running playlist what would it be?

Options
I usually listen to books, but sometimes like to mix it up. My lovely children deleted all my playlists so I need to start from scratch.

Replies

• bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I listen to all kinds of stuff, from indie(like Belle and Sebastian) to musicals (particularly Hamilton) to pop to rock to classical (mozart's symphony 25 over and over at the moment as we were watching Amadeus recently) to hip hop etc BUT if I had to pick *one* song it would, bizarrely, be Do You Love Your Hardcore by Squad-E and Cyanide (whoever they are). It *always* makes me run faster. I honestly don't know why, but it does...
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Nothing
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    mabearof6 wrote: »
    My lovely children deleted all my playlists so I need to start from scratch.

Back it up next time.
    My favorites are probably different than yours, so i won't waste your time with that. Tell us what kind of songs or genres you like. :+1:
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I listen to various podcasts, there's no way I could listen to music while exercising or I'd probably treat the walking trail as my own personal stage singing at the top of my lungs. Podcast are great if you can find stuff your interested in
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    LeoT0917 wrote: »
    Nothing

This, I like to listen to the birds, grass hoppers etc.

It calms my mind.
  • Naazaninaa
    Naazaninaa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely that would be "It's Raining Men!" :D:D:D
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    "You Suffer" by Napalm Death.
    It is about 1.3 seconds - which is about as long as I wish to run. :)

My daughter created a playlist for me to use in the gym combining what she thought I would like and also what she likes which took me out of my musical comfort zone.

But outdoors I prefer to be connected to the scenery/surroundings rather than isolated from it.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Light up the sky. Thousand foot krutch
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Just one? well it'd be different if you asked me in a minute but the first song that popped into my head was Work This Body by Walk the Moon.
    Now Unbelievers by Vampire Weekend has turned up, shortly followed by Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd ......
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    My walking playlist has a whole selection of songs, each of which makes me want to perk up and go faster when it starts.

Road To Nowhere
    Carry on Wayward Son
    It's Five O'Clock Somewhere
    500 Miles
    Knights of Cydonia

...but probably if I could only have one, I'd keep Ride Forever.
  • JenObRN
    JenObRN Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nothing keeps me going better than early 90's dance music. I just go to my Pandora app and go to the "Gonna Make You Sweat" By CC & the Music Factory channel. Love it!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Hip hop. The beats are great to run to.

I was at the gym running the other day, and this guy was on the stair stepper machine and was totally just getting down to his music. Lol. It was awesome, and I totally feel him. I've felt like doing that somedays :lol:
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Chuck Berry: "You Never can Tell/ Teenage Wedding/ C'est Le Vie"

But, if it was my only song, I'd probably run myself into the ground.
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Wizard of Meh by Pogo.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been listening to a lot of good podcasts like "S Town" and "Up and Vanished". Time flies when I listen to those.

But if I had to add one song right now, it would be Imagine Dragon's "Believer".
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Ball - T.I. feat. Lil Wayne lol
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Rebuilding my playlist.
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crew