HELP!!

Options
I need some help! How do people stay motivated? There's sometimes where i'm really into this and ill exercise like everyday and eat well and then others I won't exercise for a few days and pretty much eat whatever I want. Help me please!!!

Replies

• elmobabie84
    elmobabie84 Posts: 112
    Options
    I stay motivated because i know once i get to my goal weight (maybe even before then) that i'll be able to have children. And thats my motivation. :wink:
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    When I see food I really want I can't help but indulge! It's not good :(
  • k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I stay motivated because i know once i get to my goal weight (maybe even before then) that i'll be able to have children. And thats my motivation. :wink:

I am trying to use the same motivation because I know if I were already at my goal weight we would have already been trying to have a baby... But even this is hard to keep in the forefront of my mind when my will power is low and there is something delicious in front of me.
  • muunkyboy
    muunkyboy Posts: 5
    Options
    My last weigh in, and the fact that I lost another 2 pounds in my second week has spurred me on! You can do it, you just have to stick with it, but remember to treat yourself once in a while. Try to get into a routine. I have a dog and I've started getting up for work a little earlier so I can take him on a half hour walk round the block. I've also started having my lunch earlier at work, and then going for an hours walk at lunchtime. A couple of days a week, I cycle into work and at weekend I get up early and go for a good 2 hour bike ride. It all adds up. Although it helps to count the calories, I'm not that strict as I'm doing a lot more exercise than I need to, but I'm still being sensible. Booze was my enemy, it's amazing how many extra calories are in beer and wine! Stick with it hunm you'll get there!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    The best motivation is staying in front of the mirror and hell yeah that gives me strength to never stop my workout for good or bad :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ek724q
    ek724q Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I need motivation I come on sites like this and read about other people's sucess. It motivates me also to have friends that will encourage and lift me up every day on here.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Half-assed motivation = half-assed results. If it's not something you're willing to commit to, you don't have to. No one's gonna make you do anything. Give yourself goals. Small, attainable goals. A metaphorical carrot to trot for. If you don't work on a reward system, then I'm not gonna advocate self-loathing or punishment, but remember why you wanted to become healthier in the first place. I had to almost die to make a permanent change. Some people need that kind of reality chin check. They really shouldn't, but sometimes hitting rock bottom puts things into perspective.
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    I stay motivated by having something to reward myself in the future. I am planning a vacation in October and will treat myself to a shopping spree if i meet my goals by then. Sometimes I reward myself with a dinner out at the end of the month. Or maybe some gummi bears at the end of the week. Whatever it takes. It can be anything that makes you happy that you can focus on.
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    Set mini goals, a goal for the week. "if I exercise everyday and eat what I am suppose to then and only thin can I have that really good looking sweet" It is all in self control. You have to decide that you want this and stick to it.

I went out last night to a restraunt, it was an all you can ear bar. I have been doing good so all the food I ate was healthy and after dinner I ate the first real sweets (no sugar free or low calorie sweets) that I have eaten in weeks.

Or you could try smaller portions of what you see and include the calores into your allowed calories. Good luck!!!
  • mariasheehan
    mariasheehan Posts: 335
    Options
    Half-assed motivation = half-assed results. If it's not something you're willing to commit to, you don't have to. No one's gonna make you do anything. Give yourself goals. Small, attainable goals. A metaphorical carrot to trot for. If you don't work on a reward system, then I'm not gonna advocate self-loathing or punishment, but remember why you wanted to become healthier in the first place. I had to almost die to make a permanent change. Some people need that kind of reality chin check. They really shouldn't, but sometimes hitting rock bottom puts things into perspective.

You are soooo right!!! on another note, just looked at http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com from your signature. That is HILARIOUS :-) thanks for that. I'll use that for other new members it's excellent.
  • MOMSHOME
    MOMSHOME Posts: 72
    Options
    When I need motivation I come on sites like this and read about other people's sucess. It motivates me also to have friends that will encourage and lift me up every day on here.

Great idea!!!
  • phyllis5
    phyllis5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Motivation is so hard ....I really feel for you. I have the worse time getting motivated to exercise...( I'd take the car to go pick up the mail if I could..lol.). Start with keeping your food log until it becomes second nature to you, then add exercise, but only everyother day or every 3rd day. Make getting on MFP a daily habit., even if it is only to check your friends. remember this is a journey and a life style change.....with your committent and hard work you will get there.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Figure out what you are really on this journey for. Write it down - in as many words as you can. Describe it in utmost detail. When you have these moments - go back and read it. Remember why you started - and take a look at how far you have come. Some times we just need to bring it back to the basis.