Fibromyalgia and exercise

Options
Hi I am new here and would love to make some friends to help me through this time, I have Fibromyalgia and Chronic Regional Syndrome and its hard for me to do much, but I am also obese and need this weight off asap, I know it takes time, but for those with similar problems, let me know what exercises you do when you are in pain everyday, thank you

Replies

• slych
    slych Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My wife has the same thing. She also can sleep 16 hours and feel like she slept 3. It's hard for her to exercise. If you get any tips...send them my way
  • slych
    slych Posts: 4 Member
    Options
  • thetortagirl
    thetortagirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im 21 just got diagnosed with fibromyalgia, its such a struggle honestly i feel you. Ive been doing 5 minutes of light yoga stretches before bed it helps a little for the pain (but not the same repetitive stretches everyday! Ive learned from experience that caused flare ups) feel free to add me im looking for more fibro friends!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,433 Member
    Options
    a good friend has fibromyalgia, she got me started on losing weight. She lost 70 lbs! we took water aerobics class together 2 days/wk & she also does stretching at home. Days she missed class, we just did similar exercise in the pool at the gym
  • Jivebunnie
    Jivebunnie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia & ME. Last year (April) I had plantar fasciitis in both feet after a 3 hour slow walk round some shops with a friend and I got achilles tendonitis in both legs at the same time. I didn't get physio until November & was discharged in December. I've still got excruciating pain in my left heel. I can barely walk & put on over 4 stone in a year. The best exercise would be swimming or aquarobics. Even just getting in the water is a great help, you're practically weightless & it helps with the pain so much. I'm trying to get back into the water but it's hard when I've put on so much weight. Good luck to everyone with pain free exercising.