Accountability Partners/Friends

Options
Hi! I am looking for accountability partners/friends because I know I cannot do this on my own anymore because I am great at making excuses for myself. I am not looking for a babysitter however, I am looking for someone who will call me out.

I've got 70lbs. to lose and then for the first time in my life I will need to learn how to maintain my goal weight. I've just started walking again, between 30 and 45 minutes, and my goal is five days a week. And today is the first time I've logged my food in a long time. I am working with a nutritionist as well as an Internal Behavioral Health Consultant (behavior modification), because I am flat out tired of the yo-yo...

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wow seems like you're doing it all right! You got this!
  • artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • samuelsallows
    samuelsallows Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You go! I also need to lose that much and have the same issues.
  • churchgran
    churchgran Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 60#'s and have lost 20# so far but fell off the wagon tonight when I got the Munchies. I need accountability when I get on here and say I am craving something.
  • WhartonChic99
    WhartonChic99 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'd love to have/be a accountability partner! My circumstances are a tad different, but overall the same! Would love to be there if the spot isn't taken!
    @cathybornagain618
  • Priyarose
    Priyarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm looking for accountability too ... I've got 7-9kg to lose, and need to build body muscle for bone/heart health. I've lost 4kg. Importantly, I want to overcome yo-yo eating, and build a lifelong nutritional and exercise habit.
  • Priyarose
    Options
    Hi everyone, wanted to post to say I tracked my eating today. Almost ideal, except a bit too much sugar and not enough iron.
    In case it helps anyone ...
    Morning:- optifast shake w strawberries, chia seed. Lemon and honey drink
    Snack:- zucchini bread, Apple
    Lunch: salad with 1/2 chicken breast, sunflower seeds, cheese
    Dinner: beef ravioli, veggie soup, chickpeas, mandarin orange
    2 cups coffee w 1 sugar each

I'd welcome more ideas on getting iron levels up (don't want to take a supplement unless I have to)

Hope you're all doing well.
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Do you own a cast iron skillet? Cooking things in one adds iron to diet. Cream of wheat is high in iron, too. Though all the iron-enriched breakfast cereals are probably the same as taking a supplement. May I ask why you're opposed to taking supplement? (My daily multivitamin has my iron in it)
  • Priyarose
    Options
    I do have a cast iron pan - great, I can do that easily.
    We live in Australia and don't have cream of wheat here (sounds yum!). But I'll look at fortified cereals. Optifast shakes aren't a long term solution.
    Iron supplements make me "all blocked up" and "gassy" .. so for the health and safety of all around me, I stay away from them.
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Gotcha! Totally understand!