Weight Bench Recommendations

Options
Dr_Fishbowl
Dr_Fishbowl Posts: 42 Member
edited August 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey all, Iv'e been looking for a weight bench and iv'e seen some that are super cheap and some that are super expensive, and thus I'm hoping for some insight from the community to any who have bought one, whether cheap or expensive . I'm 5'9 and greener than Sam-I-Am's culinary choices and rather not break the bank on the bench since I still need to buy adjustable dumbbells and barbell, and was hoping to do it all for five hundred dollars. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    look for something used, like from craigslist. and you can maybe find one that converts into a squat rack.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    If you can, try it first. The cheap weight bench I got years ago looks good, but everything is in a stupid position which makes using it terrible. Definitely look at Craigslist. Read online reviews.

Also: spotting bars, if you don't have a spotter.
  • durango33
    durango33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have the golds gym xrs 20 that includes the squat rack. I then bought the 300 lbs olympic weight set from dicks sporting goods. I use it 4 days a week,two months in everything is solid so far.
  • Dr_Fishbowl
    Dr_Fishbowl Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Now that i'm looking would it be more beneficial and economical just to pick up a rack and a bench separate if all i'm looking for is the ability to bench an squat safely?

*just saw that someone recommended this to me last week, so shout out to SexyStef, I think that is what I may do.