Slim fast

Options
Good evening is anyone doing slim fast???

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    The only Slim Fast I use is the mixed berry drink powder... oddly enough it's the closest thing I can find to a multi-V that doesn't contain all the B vitamins of which I am intolerant. It also gives me a little energy pop and I love the taste lol. I don't use it for weight loss otherwise and I've never tried their other products.
  • kentcyprus
    kentcyprus Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting is next. Thought I would give it a go to start me off for a couple of weeks.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    kentcyprus wrote: »
    Calorie counting is next. Thought I would give it a go to start me off for a couple of weeks.

Calorie counting is good, it's very informative.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Eh... I'd start with calorie counting first and get that under your belt with logging/tracking. Set your target and do that for a few weeks.. drink water and eat real food. Don't get into supplementation until you get a handle on your nutrition... in my opinion.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off spending your money on food.
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever lost weight, when I was 18 and had to lose 25 pounds in order to enlist in the military, I stuck to the slim fast diet religiously, and ditched the weight in about 3 months. But I was hungry, a LOT. It's good for calorie control because everything is measured and calculated for you. But a 200 calorie shake doesn't remotely compare to a well constructed 200 calorie meal in terms of keeping you satisfied. Slim Fast was fast, but it was hard.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Some of them have too much sugar. I now do protein powder mixed with skim milk for my mid-morning snack
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I use it occasionally. When I get off track, can't seem to stay away from the sweet treats, I do one day of it. I am so glad to get real food the next day, I don't even think about sweets. Just NEED meat, veggies to feed my body. Have to find what works for you.
  • lozkent
    lozkent Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've started it today after piling the pounds on due to being in a new relationship!! I did it a few years back and lost a stone in just over a month, which I was very happy with and then I stopped. I just like the idea of shakes and eating less.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I have some SlimFast Vitality powders in the cupboard because I like the taste. There's no way I would use it as directed though. Unless you really don't like food you will likely get bored very quickly.
  • pocntasha
    pocntasha Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    While I am not a consistent Slim Fast user, I do use it from time to time to replace meals, if I know I am going to have a heavier dinner, or don't have time to stop for lunch. I find using it like this really helps me to cut down on calories, and not using it everyday does not allow me to grow tired of it, or be hungry for lack of not eating. Its been ok for me this way.
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    There are much better protein powders out there designed as meal replacements or to assist with weight loss efforts... and less expensive. But again, I like the mixed berry drink powder as a liquid multi-V. No calories and tastes yummy and helps me to avoid sweets :smile:
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    No idea what the threads been up to just figured id mention slim fasts name annoys me SO much....Slim isnt fast >.> Goodmorning y'all i seem to be grumpy thismorning LOL.

Just eat good food in good amounts. yummy.