WINE

Options
Any winos out there?? I stay at home with my two year old and let's just say I love my wine!! How can I fit that into my diet?

Replies

• Nbaker0909
    Nbaker0909 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I track my meals as I'm cleaning up dinner and the kitchen for the night. So if I decide I want a glass of wine the next day I just make sure it fits within my calories. I give myself a "treat" almost every night of about 200 calories so a glass of wine easily fits in to my day.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Man, I love me some wine. Unfortunately, I realized about a year ago that this weight loss thing would never get off the ground unless I cut back, so now I'm strictly beer and hard cider except for special occasions.
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    150ml of red wine is 125 calories (at least my red).It's not hard to fit that in my day. My net goal each day is 1420. Usually means I just skip out on some other Carby treat during the day.
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of glasses usually on Friday and Saturday night. I just fit it into my calories. I make that easier by not eating back exercise calories most of the time. My problem is that the wine I like is probably the highest calorie wine out there (of coirse).
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have cut back on my wine intake, but when I do have it I pencil it into my calories for the day. I also like vodka soda, so having one of those instead normally works into my plan a little better.
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    7elizamae wrote: »
    I have a glass (or two) every evening. I add it to my calories in the morning so I leave room for the yummy wine. :)

I like my bourbon on the weekend, and ^^ is what I do. I add them into my diary in the morning, then I know what I have left to eat. Also, you can go on a nice walk or bike ride to make up for some extra calories. I also do this on nights the wife and I wanna go out to eat and I know I'm going to go over.
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    My most disappointing discovery was how many calories were in my homemade quince and apple cider. They need to invent a truly low calorie alcohol... that also tastes nice.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Basically it's figuring out what's important to you and planning ahead. I have wine or beer almost every day and still fit into my calories. Now, I can have multiple glasses with out going hungry, but I can work in 1. It's better than nothing.
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yep, hand up...I'm a wino :smile:

Absolutely love the stuff...but I'm recently trying to not drink during the week (unless I've a social on) and only over the weekends. It's made quite a difference as I can be a bit of a light weight so next day snacking is a killer!

Oh...lurrrrrrrvly wine :wink:
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    My most disappointing discovery was how many calories were in my homemade quince and apple cider. They need to invent a truly low calorie alcohol... that also tastes nice.

I love it in the alcohol threads when someone suggests drinking vodka and tonic as a "diet" drink. I firmly believe that 98% of people who say they like vodka and tonic are lying.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I fit it in the same way I fit everything else in. It's just another source of calories that I have to be aware of. I drink wine nearly every day.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

I love it in the alcohol threads when someone suggests drinking vodka and tonic as a "diet" drink. I firmly believe that 98% of people who say they like vodka and tonic are lying.

Unless it's diet tonic it's not low calorie.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options

Unless it's diet tonic it's not low calorie.

That sounds even worse. >.<
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    melodysf10 wrote: »
    I have a couple of glasses usually on Friday and Saturday night. I just fit it into my calories. I make that easier by not eating back exercise calories most of the time. My problem is that the wine I like is probably the highest calorie wine out there (of coirse).

Just curious what kind of wine that is..?