Pls guide me

Options
I m 175 pounds female..height is 156 cm..and age is 35 ...if i walk for 3 hours in morning and eat 1200 calories ..how much calories in total will i burn in a day...i m asking for total calories excluding my 3 hours walk calories...rest of the day how much willi burn

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    Three hours? That's a lot of walking, are you intending to walk three hours every day?
  • ctaps
    ctaps Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It depends on how fast you're walking, you can figure out your approximate pace by using the 3 hours walking time and the distance you cover. Then put your pace into myfitness pal under cardio, it will approximate it for you. Exercise is the only way to count calories burned, even though you burn calories just sitting and breathing. Those calories are from your basal metabolism. There are calculators online to try and determine just how many calories those are. This is really meticulous calorie counting. For weight loss it is best to count how many calories you currently eat per day, and reduce them.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,478 Member
    Options
    Purposefully walking? Take 0.3 * distance in miles * weight in lbs to get a good estimate of your calorie burn.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey guya here i m talking abt how many calories will i burn whole day except the walking calories...will i loose a pound a day?

maybe 2lbs per week, not a lb/day. set your goal to maintain weight. that is what you burn a day without the waling/exercise
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    But pls reply how many calories will i burn in a day excluding my walking calories

You can calculate this by going to an online TDEE calculator and putting in the numbers to find your TDEE.
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    But pls reply how many calories will i burn in a day excluding my walking calories

enter your info into this site, pick maintenance as your goal and that will give you your calories burned excluding your walking. compare that to 1200. for every 3500 cal differnce should equal a lb loss.

so if your maintenace is 2300 and you eat 1200, you would expect to lose 0.314 (1100/3500) lbs per day, or a lb every 3.25 days, or 2.15 lbs/week, throw in another 500 cals from walking, that would put you up to 0.457 lbs/day.

That said you should be aiming for no more than 2lbs/week, preferably less if you have less than 75lbs to lose.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    A rate of 1-2lbs per WEEK is achievable. There is no way to lose a pound a day unless you're very overweight and starving yourself.

It takes time to put on the weight, and it takes time to take off the weight. There are no quick fixes.

Slow, sustainable weight loss is always better. If you build good habits you can continue to do after your weight loss, you will be more likely to keep the weight off when you reach your goal.

What's the point of losing the weight if you're just going to gain it again when you return to your previous habits? Do you plan to keep walking 3 hours a day forever?

MyFitnessPal will calculate how many calories you should eat based on your height, weight, gender, activity level and weekly goal (.5-2lbs per week). I would set it to lose 1lbs a week and see how you feel.
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a spare 3 hours to walk each day! That would make things alot easier. But no. You won't lose a pound a day. Research how weight loss is achieved. It will give you a better understanding of what's viable and what's not.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hey guya here i m talking abt how many calories will i burn whole day except the walking calories...will i loose a pound a day?

the most you should be trying to lose is a pound a week.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

A pound a day? Nope, not going to happen. Your body can only metabolize so much fat in a day, and aggressive diets lead to more lean muscle loss anyway. Even if you did manage to get "the number on the scale" quickly....you won't like how you look.

1 pound of FAT loss requires a deficit of 3,500 calories. 1 - 1.5 pounds a WEEK is more realistic. That's a 500 or 750 calorie deficit each day.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    But i can walk 3 hours morning and 3 hours in evening and can loose a pound a day?

A pound of what? A half pound of fat and a half pound of lean muscle mass?

When you don't fuel your body properly it has to make hard choices - fuel your heart muscle, or fuel a full head of hair. Your body can't exist on zero calories and fat stores don't provide everything.

I'll do the work because you are unwilling to............TDEE calculator again: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

If you do 7-21 strenuous hours of activity each week your TDEE (maintenance) = 2,915 calories. So if you ate nothing and upped the activity......you might be able to lose 1 pound a day in a VERY DANGEROUS manner.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I want you to think about your math here.

Do you honestly realistically think that you're going to create a deficit of 3500 calories a day?