If you drink light Margaritas a couple times a week can you

Options
I had one more terrible crave last evening for a Margarita, :devil: I bought the light. It taste better than the original to me. If I drink a couple of those which are less than 100 calories per serving, will I still be able to lose weight. I exercise regurally and watch my calories. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks :bigsmile:

Replies

• RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    YES,YOU''LL STILL LOSE WEIGHT. MY HUSBAND AND I DRINK COORS LIGHT WHEN WE ARE AT CAMP, WE DRINK WINE OR MARGARITAS ONCE OR TWICE A MONTH, I JUST DRINK IN MODERATION. HOPE THAT HELPS,RED
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Girl, if I didn't have a margarita every once in a while, I might shrivel up and die. And I'm three pounds away from my goal weight. So that says something, right? It's all about calories and balance... just work out more that day, stay within your calories, and enjoy your life!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    What is the sodium levels? You can loose weight but eating 1200 calories of twinkies but it won't help you have a healthy body. I would suggest making it a once a week thing of restricting yourself to just one a night.
  • remembertheharddrive
    remembertheharddrive Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    All I can say is: Don't fall prey to the Skinny Margarita by Bethany Frankel in a misguided attempt to save calories. So gross. Not worth it. Just split a real, delicious one with a friend. And go somewhere that makes them fresh, not with a mix.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    just know what you are eating and drinking make it fit in your daily calories and try to get your daily vitamin in there if you are going to have one of those days of nights.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    That.
    is why I skip the mixes and head straight for the tequila. Let's cut out the middle man.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    That.
    is why I skip the mixes and head straight for the tequila. Let's cut out the middle man.

Love this!

Seriously, I've heard that your body will metabolize the alcohol first so it takes longer to work off the food you ate. My personal philosophy is "everything in moderation."
  • Helendec1962
    Options
    Jose Cuervo has a light Margarita that is fabulous, it actuall taste better than the reg and is only 100 calories per drink.