Does it ever get easier?

2»

Replies

• cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Yes, it gets easier. With each day you will build muscle and endurance. But patience is a virtue. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    It never gets easier; you just get stronger
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    No, it does not get easier. However, you do get stronger/faster/better.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,868 Member
    Health and fitness is a marathon, not a sprint. It takes time, and patience, and determination. Stick with it and it might even become a habit. I started jogging at 18 years of age and finally had to switch to biking at 60. I've done many additional workout activities along the way, but always came back to jogging.

Give yourself a time slot in the day and do it, no matter what. My time slot is 6:25-7:25 am Mon- Thurs before work. I'm never "too busy" at that time. I used to run/work out in the afternoons, which I prefer, when I had a different work schedule.

It gets mentally easier, when it becomes a habit, but it's also easy to revert to not working out. Tiring and demanding on your body? Pretty much always- if you like a good, hard workout.
  • _mr_b
    _mr_b Posts: 302 Member
    Does it get easier? if your goal stays the same then yes, but the natural thing to do is to move the goalposts to keep it a challenge so no.

First thing you need to do is get your head in the right place, you're 3 months away from a 5k and you're already saying you doubt it'll happen and that's the wrong way to look at it. You should be saying you can do it as quite frankly you can, set yourself up to achieve your goal and you will.

C25K's already been mentioned and that'll give you a structured plan to follow. Keep to your plan, like all of us you can sometimes find a million other things to rather than go for some exercise but you need to stick to it and it'll pay dividends.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    No, you just get better.

This. If you keep at it and keep putting in the work you will get better and stronger. Then your goals will shift and you will have more challenges.