Healthy, Quick, Grab & Go Breakfast??

I am a 39 year old man who is trying to loose weight with little to no time in the morning before I leave the house by 6am. Does anyone have any input or ideas on what I can do for a health grab & go breakfast with little prep time?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    I do some pre-prep for egg McMuffins. I bake 9 eggs + 9 egg whites in a 9" square pan. Cut into squares & freeze in zip-lock bags with a slice of Canadian bacon. When I want this for breakfast, I will put a baggie in the fridge to thaw (the night before). Then in the a.m. I can warm the eggs while toasting a high fiber English muffin. Add a slice of cheese and I'm good to go. If you want something spicy, there are numerous egg burrito wrap recipes on-line too.

Greek yogurt "parfait." I generally eat this at my desk. But prep is measure high fiber cereal and chopped nuts (the night before) and place in a zip-lock bag. Add frozen berries to yogurt....the night before, except raspberries which thaw super quick. Mix together for high protein, higher fiber & healthy fat.

Crockpot oatmeal - I make a batch using water & milk (for protein). Then scoop into individual bowls. In the a.m. slice a banana, throw on a few chopped nuts & re-heat. Nut butter is a good add in too.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    I do instant oatmeal every morning
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    If you're willing to put in a little time ahead you can eat almost anything. But if you plan to eat it in the car, some kind of breakfast burrito might be good. Make ahead and freeze, then reheat in the microwave.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I make my own breakfast burritos on the weekends and freeze them. I like to do this because I control the calories and ingredients. I'll also do plain oatmeal, a packet of splenda and blueberries.
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Go with the instant oatmeal , or peanut butter on toasted wheat bread
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Protein shake for the drive.
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2017
    I eat a granola bar and Greek yogurt every morning. You don't have to cook that but you can't easily eat it while you're driving. I like the pre-prepared breakfast idea others mentioned. Just heat and go.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Giant cup of coffee and then I don't eat until 12pm
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Hard boiled eggs and a Cliff bar
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    There is no rule that says breakfast has to be "breakfast" foods. I'll usually have leftovers or make myself a sandwich for breakfast (turkey, avocado, mustard, a handful of spinach leaves on bread and done)
  • Rebnurse1977
    Rebnurse1977 Posts: 15 Member
    I do a protein shake for breakfast every day. Its only 100 cals but 20 grams of protein, keeps me satisfied until lunch. Id rather use a small portion of my daily cals for breakfast, so I can eat more at dinner when I'm with my family.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You do not have to eat breakfast in the a.m. Eat a bigger lunch instead.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    I eat a container of dry cheerios in my car along with a coffee with milk.
  • ugofatcat
    ugofatcat Posts: 385 Member
    28 grams of nuts with 40 grams of dried fruit.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Pop an Ezikiel English muffin in the toaster and schmear with almond butter + a hard boiled egg.