Bariatric Sleeve

Options
SarahWahlberg1
SarahWahlberg1 Posts: 1 Member
Anyone else had a weight loss procedure such as the sleeve? I had mine 12/19/13 and have lost 166 pounds. I cant eat the full amount of calories MFP recommends for me so it doesn't let me finalize my day. It tells me to eat more first.

Replies

• bree369
    bree369 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to have the surgery but insurance requires a 6 months checklist and 3 months of that has to be monitored weight-loss. My weight-loss doctor requires me to cut my calorie intake to 1600 but when i started using my fitness pal it calculated way more calories for me and also wouldn't let me finish my days. If you are using the app and go into your goals there is a place that says "Calories and Macronutrient Goals", if you click on that you can adjust your nutritional goals. On the computer you go to "My Home", Goals, and click edit next to daily nutrition goals.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    bree369 wrote: »
    I'm planning to have the surgery but insurance requires a 6 months checklist and 3 months of that has to be monitored weight-loss. My weight-loss doctor requires me to cut my calorie intake to 1600 but when i started using my fitness pal it calculated way more calories for me and also wouldn't let me finish my days. If you are using the app and go into your goals there is a place that says "Calories and Macronutrient Goals", if you click on that you can adjust your nutritional goals. On the computer you go to "My Home", Goals, and click edit next to daily nutrition goals.

The problem is you can't adjust calories below 1200.

OP, just don't hit complete. Everything stays logged, and you are under doctor care for your low intake, which some people (those that the undereating message is aimed for) are not.
  • quel9501
    quel9501 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add outstanding calories as macronutrients. Or up the healthy fat in your diet.
  • meissnerbernadette
    meissnerbernadette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve in November 2015. I was able to adjust my daily calorie goal to 1000. Not sure why you are having problems?
  • anubile1967
    anubile1967 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Changing the daily calorie goal to under 1,200 must be a newer development. I joined MFP a little over two years ago and couldn't go lower than 1,200. I changed it to 1,000 today. Thanks for the info!

I'm also a post-op bariatric (VSG) patient if anyone wants to friend me. :smile:
  • Road2Russell
    Road2Russell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm on the journery to vsg now. I won't know my surgery date until my last visit with the nutritionist on Sept. 5th. I'm currently on the Pre-op diet and just trying to stay motivated.
  • annemoor
    annemoor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My last visit is Sept 17th and I'll know my date too. I'm so ready for this to happen already!
  • jaxonsmommy2015
    jaxonsmommy2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same path as you except I won't have my surgery date for my VSG until October. (3 months consecutive apts for my insurance)