Water Survey!

Options

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,146 Member
    Options
    Double filtered water. One filter is in the garage and another one in the fridge. When I travel by car I take bottles filled with my own water but I may buy bottled water in the market when I am done. Or I would fill them up again with filtered water from water coolers, if possible.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Very cool, I am loving learning about everyone's preferences and choices!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Filtered with a solid carbon filter. It's the only choice (besides bottled) since our tap water has way too much chlorine in it.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Bottled water, plain.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Lived in New Orleans. Always used filtered or bottled. Some municipalities you simply should not 100% trust.

Unfortunately this is true, the water that comes out in FL not only smells but has a slight color to it... I don't care what anyone says I don't feel comfortable not filtering it/using bottled water instead. Also private wells can be super iffy too, if they aren't your own/if you don't know how well they are maintained etc.

We spend our winters in Florida and always buy bottled water. To me, it has a funky taste.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I prefer my water filtered at the Pepsi plant.
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Triple filtered. Once in through an inline carbon filter, through the softener, then filtered again in the fridge. Our well water has a tendency to get that "sulfer" smell and this seems to do the trick. At work I fill my bottle from the water cooler.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    Lived in New Orleans. Always used filtered or bottled. Some municipalities you simply should not 100% trust.

Unfortunately this is true, the water that comes out in FL not only smells but has a slight color to it... I don't care what anyone says I don't feel comfortable not filtering it/using bottled water instead. Also private wells can be super iffy too, if they aren't your own/if you don't know how well they are maintained etc.

We spend our winters in Florida and always buy bottled water. To me, it has a funky taste.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that part... I completely agree it tastes very off! Definitely not something that is realistic to drink unfiltered. At home in MT we never use anything but tap water, so it's not like we are unreasonable, the water here is bad :neutral:
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Midwestern city with supposedly good water, so I drink tap most of the time. On trips, always bottled water (cheapo brands from the supermarket or whatever).
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm in Ohio, at work I drink tap water and at home I'll either drink bottled if we have it or tap. It tastes totally fine to me! I never add flavoring to it, I like just plain old water.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Reverse osmosis units at both work & home.
  • lannie1303
    lannie1303 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in Scotland and we're very lucky with our lovely water so tap water for me!
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm very fortunate to have great municipal drinking water, so I have a 20oz flip top water bottle that I fill up with tap water throughout the day. I don't like cold water, so straight from the faucet is just fine for me.
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Tap water. Colorado has great water.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Cheap gallon containers bottled water, Brita filtered. Our city water smells and tastes like chlorine, when tested, has shown too much fluoride.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Any way that will keep my interest. Lots of tap water with fluoridation, Mio flavoured, Diet Pepsi, and soda water with lemon.

Canadian.

JK.

We have had our embarrassing water moments here, too.

http://www.eab.gov.ab.ca/dec/Hrudey Drinking Water Disease Outbreaks.pdf
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    We have a carbon filter system installed under our sink too. I'll drink tap water occasionally. I try to buy bottled water when I'm traveling.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I mostly drinking filtered tap water.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I'm am super curious how others choose to drink their water: tap, filtered (at home from tap), or bottled?

I personally drink filtered water with a zero filter when possible, and sometimes when I'm in a pinch will buy "filtered" bottled water, but prefer not to because of the waste.

We travel for work, and many times are in areas with notoriously bad water and even in one case there ended up being a town nearby that found high levels of lead in the water, which is why we tend to not trust tap water.

So I guess I'm curious what you choose and why... and what state you live in if you feel comfortable!

I either drink Fiji water bottles (the SUPER big ones...) and then re-fill them with water from my fridge which is basically tap water because the filter doesn't work.
  • lainybongo
    lainybongo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live in England and mainly use a fruit infuser water bottle and fill it with tap water, and fill the infuser with chunks of apple or whichever fruit I fancy that day. It makes a change from drinking plain water. I'll occasionally buy bottled water.