Options
owa1s
owa1s Posts: 273 Member
Deep Question innit.

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    To be there, care, nurture & be strong for my loved ones. To enjoy life & explore & learn about this wonderful planet before I die. Which hopefully isn't for a very long time.

No, seriously. What is your purpose?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    To be there, care, nurture & be strong for my loved ones. To enjoy life & explore & learn about this wonderful planet]

pfft.... am I the only one that thinks this is stupid?

not a single word about watching TV or eating chicken wings.

I don't believe a word of it, no sir!

• SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    ewih9egvcmky.png
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Stay sane for the most part and occasinally lose my mind.

On a more targeted note, 10 years ago I started persuing a career in nursing because I wanted a job that helped people.

I currently put stents into hearts which is nice as you often see an immediate positive outcome (survival vs imminent death in some emergency cases).

Then there's the whole parenting purpose; supporting my kids to become happy, contientious and responsible adults.

I personally don't subscribe to a sole purpose, rather an ongoing (and overlapping) series of purposes.
  • MySweetLavinia
    MySweetLavinia Posts: 90 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I agree with Kurt Vonnegut: "We are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." So, yknow, mainly I think my purpose is to hang out and do people things and try to enjoy myself as much as possible, while being kind to others.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Now that we're retired? To live long enough to use up all that money that was deducted from our paychecks.

Your username is just a bald-faced lie.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If I knew the answer to that question, I probably would not be reading this discussion. While I should be working...
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    to live until i die

That
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    to impact everyone I meet until I buy my log cabin in the country to retire.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    I just hope to hell it is not what I ve done so far....somebody tell me please... the answer to this
  • jdlobb
    jdlobb Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Be better. Be better at everything than those who came before me and set my future children up to be better than me.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    To live forever, or die trying.

Also, to be my own hero
  • WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. Get up, go to work, go home. Lather, rinse, repeat, until I die.