Lunch?

Options
Favorite lunch ideas... and healthy takeout idea? Need some new ideas! Thanks

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    lunch takeout for me is usually either salad from Subway or Firehouse...shrimp fried rice or egg fu yung if chineese
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Leftovers I make more dinner than the two of us can eat and freeze them or eat them the next day.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Qdoba - burrito bowls. I usually do rice/beans/chicken with a few salsas, veggies, and sour cream.
    Spicy tuna maki (sushi roll) and miso soup
    Two soft corn tacos with grilled chicken or steak from the street vendor (they have an awesome topping bar with lots of salsa and fresh produce)
    Soup. I love it.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I don't eat take out much, if i do its usually a subway salad w/tuna or rotisserie chicken. Not usually a whole lot of healthy take out/fast food places near me so I am big on meal prep so I usually make a big batch of soup in the crock pot on Sundays and portion it out for lunches over the week. This week was a Italian turkey sausage white bean soup. the week before was turkey chili, week before that was chicken veggie... I also put together bento box lunches and mix them up with hummus, raw veggies, avocado, hard boiled egg, fruit, tuna, cheddar cheese, nuts, seeds... I am a creature of habit so I don't stray much from what I know. I do the same thing for breakfast, I am a big fan of plain low fat Greek yogurt mixed with my favorite protein powder and topped with fresh berries, granola or trail mix. Or oatmeal with the same toppings or Gerber rice baby cereal with honey and cinnamon.
  • babysladkaya
    babysladkaya Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For lunch, I try to bring from home 4 out of 5 days a week and my standard fare is salad with arugula, tomato, cucumber and some protein such as grilled chicken, steak, shrimp or fish.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I tried out my soup maker for the first time today and now have two batches frozen in individual portions to take to work, they can defrost in my bag and pop in the microwave.

Takeout I haven't sussed yet- Not much choice round me! I'm a sucker for egg fried rice and would probably just accept the calories and have some with a prawn dish from the Chinese, which is quite likely to happen tomorrow if I'm honest!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    fglrml86 wrote: »
    Favorite lunch ideas... and healthy takeout idea? Need some new ideas! Thanks

I eat sandwiches, salads or dinner leftovers for lunch usually.

For take out I would look at restaurant nutrition information and make a choice.
    A regular burger, side salad, vinaigrette dressing and unsweetened iced tea fits my goal pretty well.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I pack my lunch every night (batch cook on Sundays). If I needed to make a "game-time" decision every day when I was already hungry, forget it - I'd be at chick-Fil-a or mcdonalds in a snap. I pack a variety of roast vegetables, beans and rice plus fruit. I bring breakfast and all my snacks for the same reason

I was hungry the other day and popped into a Starbucks for a snack. It cost me 1600 cals and $26 bucks for a bunch of crap.
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I usually have a veggie burger with chips and fruit, or an Amys frozen meal