Eggs for breakfast

Options
I have been having poached eggs on toast for breakfast and it's great for keeping me feeling full. What are your other favourite ways to eat eggs in the morning? Any ways to sneak extra protein in? Recipes welcome!

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like to have a two egg omelet with vegetables (usually some kind of green, like spinach, and something else, like broccoli, maybe mushrooms too). For more protein I might have lowfat cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt or smoked salmon on the side.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have 2-3 over easy/medium eggs stirred into a bowl of steel cut oats almost every morning. Sometimes I poach them if I want to save a bit of fat. Sometimes I add in cheese if I want more fat. I also sometimes eat poached or soft boiled eggs on toast.

I also sometimes just boil a couple of eggs and still have the oats but instead of mixing in eggs I mix in some protein powder and fruit.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I like microwave scrambled eggs. You cook them in the same bowl you eat them in. You even use the same fork to stir them and eat them.

Drop a couple raw eggs in a cereal bowl. Whip with a fork, adding water, milk, or cream to enhance "lift" (from the resulting steam) and season to taste. Nuke 30 second. Stir; add cheese if desired. Nuke another 30 seconds. Stir and nuke some more if needed. (My microwave needs 1 minute 30 total.) Eat straight from the bowl with the fork that has now been "cooked" by stirring the hot eggs.
  • Pepsab
    Pepsab Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im pretty basic with the eggs. Scrambled with a bit of parsley, poached or an omelette. In the weekend ive started frying some tomatoes on the side of my eggs in a small amount of olive oil.
  • LonniJay
    LonniJay Posts: 3,740 Member
    Options
    2 large eggs scrambled with sate onions and some aldi tuscan garden bacon bits then fold that into a whole wheat flour tortilla with the cheese of your choice and some salsa (or pico or guac depending on what's available) and devour.

Absolutely delicious and filling!
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I like to add a splash of milk, a generous amount of Ms. Dash lemon pepper/southwestern spice blends, some dill weed and black pepper, then scramble them.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Usually I have two fried eggs and a slice of toast, but occasionally switch it up with a homemade egg mcmuffin (fried egg, cheddar, Canadian bacon in an English muffin). Even more rarely, hubs will turn it into eggs benedict, or soft-boiled eggs with toast slices for dunking, or omelettes with leftover veg. We have eggs in some form 5 or 6 days a week. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with milk, cheese, and sometimes sausage or spinach thrown in
  • Brithicks
    Brithicks Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    1 or 2 whole eggs scrambled or fried with a couple servings of liquid egg whites (for extra protein) and precooked roasted veggies. top with avocado and pico and a dollop of 0% plain greek yogurt (more protein). Or the same combo of eggs and whites mixed into oats with whatever toppings sound good - sweet and savory both work. Or the same combo cooked into a flat "omelet" and topped with nut butter and jam.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Classic 3 scrambled eggs (mixed with a little milk) + ketchup.
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like microwave scrambled eggs. You cook them in the same bowl you eat them in. You even use the same fork to stir them and eat them.

Drop a couple raw eggs in a cereal bowl. Whip with a fork, adding water, milk, or cream to enhance "lift" (from the resulting steam) and season to taste. Nuke 30 second. Stir; add cheese if desired. Nuke another 30 seconds. Stir and nuke some more if needed. (My microwave needs 1 minute 30 total.) Eat straight from the bowl with the fork that has now been "cooked" by stirring the hot eggs.

I do this too. Just make sure you rinse the bowl with cold water after eating. Stuck on egg comes right off. If you use hot water, it cooks on and is a pain to get clean!
  • deekayg
    deekayg Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Egg whites (with one whole egg) scrambled with spinach, a little shredded cheese and some dill, sea salt and pepper straight from my pet hens!
  • jaci66
    jaci66 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    4 scrambled with a reduced fat Mexican cheese blend, some bacon bits and a lot of chopped spinach. Occasionally, I will put in chopped green onion tops.
  • kath1mill
    kath1mill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Eggs are one of my favorite foods! So tasty, versatile, and nutritious. Breakfast is often my biggest meal of the day and lately I've been having 2-3 eggs fried "over medium" with a slice of hearty seedy wheat toast for dipping in the yolks. I add on the side either leftover veggies, a piece of fruit, a piece of cheese or some combination of these until I hit the calories I want.

Sometimes I make scrambled eggs topped with shredded cheese or an omelet filled with a combination of cheese and veggies. If I know I have a busy week ahead, I'll make a quiche so I don't have to cook in the mornings. Bacon and spinach is my favorite.

• MantisToboggan_MD
    MantisToboggan_MD Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    6 over medium with 4-5 strips of bacon on the weekends.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I am way too lazy to cook anything substantial in the mornings most of the time. I prefer sleeping until I absolutley have to get up to get ready for work. I like Jimmy Dean "Delights". Just about every variety are around 250 calories or so and done in 2 min and I can eat it on my way out the door.

Since you are looking for protein, Jimmy Dean also sells scramble cups that might interest you as they are all 20 plus grams and low calorie. They look about like a cup o noodles, and you also pop them in the mic for 2 min and you are good to go. Really tasty if you add a little salsa to them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I make a batch of mini frittatas (sometimes called egg cups or egg muffins) over the weekend and reheat them in the morning. There are tons of different recipes online and you can mix and match all kinds of veggies, proteins, and flavors.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    steel cut oats topped with a poached egg and parm
    veggie burger topped with a slice of cheese and an over easy egg
    scrambled with peppers and onions
    scrambled in a tortilla with cheese and hot sauce/salsa
    huevos rancheros
    scrambled or over easy on toast with baked beans

**last night for dinner I had mash up: scrambled with peppers and onions on a corn tortilla topped with baked beans. :D
  • lynetteholl
    lynetteholl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters is my new go to! Add spinach & mushrooms. The southwestern egg beaters is awesome.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have an omelette with nothing added just two like an egg pancake with nothing but eggs salt and pepper. I add a quarter avocado or edam cheese if I feel saucy. B)