"Cheat days"

Options
2»

Replies

• jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Another tip.. I will use myself as an example. This Sunday I had pizza/beer/ice cream that I had not accounted for. I had a planned rest day for Monday but instead I forced myself to train off the extra calories. If you find yourself "cheating" this can be a good way to counteract it
  • KkBlowin25
    KkBlowin25 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Cold turkey
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments above, maybe someone mentioned it already- but what has really helped me get started in my weight loss journey was cleaning out my cabinets and fridge. I threw out all the junk food - bags, cans, frozen meals and replaced them with fruits and low calorie, low sugar snacks. I eventually replaced a meal with a protein shake, then worked hard on getting out and taking walks everyday. It's been more than a month and I feel a lot better and lost a few pounds. Sure, the cravings are still there, but once your body adjusts, you'll learn to eat less of the junk food- you'll know the difference of what is good for you and what isnt. Hope this helps, don't be discouraged!
  • Erbs_n_spice_I_am_nice
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »
    I hard boil a bunch of eggs and stick them in the fridge. It's a quick and cheap breakfast some mornings.

I try that too..my kids end up eating them lol
  • Erbs_n_spice_I_am_nice
    Options
    I didn't read all the comments above, maybe someone mentioned it already- but what has really helped me get started in my weight loss journey was cleaning out my cabinets and fridge. I threw out all the junk food - bags, cans, frozen meals and replaced them with fruits and low calorie, low sugar snacks. I eventually replaced a meal with a protein shake, then worked hard on getting out and taking walks everyday. It's been more than a month and I feel a lot better and lost a few pounds. Sure, the cravings are still there, but once your body adjusts, you'll learn to eat less of the junk food- you'll know the difference of what is good for you and what isnt. Hope this helps, don't be discouraged!

Thank you! It's been a year. I allow Friday's as my cheat days! Went from 157 down to 144 currently!
  • RachsLosses
    RachsLosses Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have these dilemma's every so often, allowing the cheat day is great but sometimes I find the allowed cheat date doesn't fit in with the date of the occasion that might cause my diet issues. Personally for me I eat as well as I can when I can (Currently at 1200 and exercising at least 3-4 times a week) and then when I know there is an occasion coming up that might involve pizza, milkshakes or cakes I will stick to my daily diet, and then if I still want the treat I have it, by initially having my normal food I wont need as much of the bad stuff (in theory) I also do the egg trick someone mentioned and take these to work to add to my lunch and sometimes eat them while dinner is cooking :smile: Congrats on you weight loss! If you are looking for friends on here feel free to add me :smiley: