This salad tastes like I'd rather be fat!

Options
Just kidding....I love salads.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I hate salads, so I rarely eat them.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I love salads.. I usually have one everyday at least, sometimes two :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I love big salads. Spinach with grilled chicken, other veggies, pepitas, and a bit of dressing is my favorite.
  • GemstoneofHeart
    GemstoneofHeart Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    And they are so customizable!! I'm a creature of habit so I usually eat the same salad over and over again but it's so easy to change the flavor if you're bored!
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I made a salad the other day for lunch. went a little overboard on dressing and croutons so it ended up being over 600 calories!! EEEEK!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Can't remember the last salad I ate as a meal
  • CILLAJ8
    CILLAJ8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love salads. I have one every day for lunch. Usually 350 - 400 calories depending on what I put in it. Constantly mixing up the veggies. Usually add pepitas or avocado too.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I make this really excellent, garlicky balsamic vinaigrette and my wife makes this unbelievable salad with mixed greens, raw kale, quinoa, goat cheese, dried cranberries and walnuts. I could eat that all day long, and I admit that I'm not normally a salad guy. Also a sucker for a good caesar salad with baked salmon or shrimp and egg.
  • MileHigh4Wheeler
    MileHigh4Wheeler Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Because I've been cutting fat it's meant when I eat salads (which I am sick of) I didn't dress it, this led to getting "superfood salads" that taste actually really good even when tossing the dressing package in the bin. However, I still try not to eat them more than 2-3 times a week because they short me on calories that I have to make up somewhere and so many of them are too blah without dressing. I prep my meal plan a day ahead to try to achieve the "perfect day" of hitting my macro percentages that I've set for myself and sometimes that means a superfood salad :)
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Love salad... the options are unlimited!! <3 I could eat them daily :p
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I love them, I eat them a lot, my favorite is one with avocado and bacon.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Kullerva wrote: »
    I'm vegetarian and a lot of times work will have a salad or something as an option. However--*clears throat*

*grabs megaphone*

ICEBERG. LETTUCE. IS. NOT. FOOD.

*puts down megaphone*

I will not eat salads, and might be the only veg-happy vegetarian on these boards that won't. I refuse and you can't make me. :P (Also, I kinda hate most forms of dressing. Salads are not my jam.)

I dunno. I bought romaine for BLTs yesterday, and I was informed by Mrs Jruzer that "everybody knows" that you put either iceberg or leaf lettuce on sandwiches.

I often have romaine on a sandwich. It stays crisp and gives a nice little crunch. :-)
  • kimkimcoleman
    kimkimcoleman Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    I'm vegetarian and a lot of times work will have a salad or something as an option. However--*clears throat*

*grabs megaphone*

ICEBERG. LETTUCE. IS. NOT. FOOD.

*puts down megaphone*

I will not eat salads, and might be the only veg-happy vegetarian on these boards that won't. I refuse and you can't make me. :P (Also, I kinda hate most forms of dressing. Salads are not my jam.)

I'm a vegetarian and a good homemade taco salad is about the only salad I'll eat as a meal. I don't eat a lot of salads, I haven't had one in months. I do eat a lot of veggies, just not usually in a salad.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a good salad. I used to pack salad every day for lunch but found I was wanting something warm. I usually have a side salad with dinner. It help fills me up.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Salads are like smoothies: that was fine but now I want a meal!