Question of the Day- Day 9!!!

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 9!!:heart:

What's one of your most embarrassing moments that had to do with your weight?

**Me- I was standing in line at Subway with my fiance and this guy next to us kept starring at me. Finally he looked at my fiance and said "when is she due?" I pretended to not hear it but I heard EXACTLY what he said and so did everyone else! My fiance looked at him and kinda laughed and said "she's not pregnant". I kept on ordering and pretended I didn't hear anything. When we got in the car my fiance told me the "story": SO EMBARRASSING!!! Especially considering I already have 2 kids!!

Replies

• Msladynita
    Msladynita Posts: 11
    Options
    eww! What a jerk! Men should know never to say that unless they are sure. Even women who are obviously pregnant , I don't say anything to unless mentioned "oh i hope it's a girl" etc.

Let's see mine was:

I was in my Medical Math and Calculations class and we were calculating body surface area and one of the steps is multiplying your height by your weight and the girl next to me was doing it and I noticed she weighed less than me by 10 ILBS and she was much much talller than me and she noticed that I was looking at her weight and we sat there trying to figure out why I weighed more....turns out I was just fat :( lol
  • Butrfli
    Butrfli Posts: 50
    Options
    My MOST embarrassing was several years ago I took my oldest child to Disney World and we went to Blizzard Beach. I wore shorts over a bathing suit to hide fat. I rode down a big water slide and had the shorts and bathing suit roll up high into my rear end and had to stand at the end of the slide (no pool at the end) and literally dig a huge mound of clothes out of my butt with spectators looking from above on a bridge. They saw it all! I wanted to die!
  • TruckerChick
    TruckerChick Posts: 263
    Options
    Oh easy... I was shopping at a grocery store.. I was at or very near my heaviest weight .... a young boy sitting in the shopping cart said very loudly to his mom, "WOW, SHE'S REALLY FAT!" really loud. I dropped like 40 pounds after that!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I'm off during the summer...When I returned to work in September a student that I work with
    asked when the baby was coming!
    yikes....sometimes children can be soo honest
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Mine was similar to yours about being asked if I was prego I work at a school and last August when we were getting back to work which I had put on alot of my weight, I had went into the staff lounge and one of my coworkers asked me in front of several others if I was in the "family way" and not knowing what that meant(never heard that term used) I gave a confused expression so she said in a louder voice "are you expecting" and I said "no I gained some weight" and she said "why stress" and at this point I was annoyed so I just said "no I was little lazy and relaxed too much over summer" and walked out....To this day unless I know someone I wont even comment about whether someones prego or not unless someone actually tells me its none of my business because I dont want to offend anyone
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It sounds like so far the majority of us have had the same question asked! I agree I never EVER ask someone when they are due unless I know they are pregnant!! Especially after someone mistakeing me for being prego!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    BUMP!