Anyone binge eat on junk after a workout?

Options
Nearly every time I do a workout I want to binge on sweets and crisps. Its making my fail my calorie goals and I don't feel any better about doing the workout. I feel like I deserved it but after I just feel fat.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Are you including your exercise calories in your daily calorie goal?
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I try to schedule my most intense workouts immediately prior to my daily meal. That allows me to consume a large amount of calories post workout without blowing my calorie budget.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nope...I cycle in the AM and then have breakfast. I lift in the PM and then have dinner.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    No because I know I'm going to feel like that after and take something preferable along for that exact reason.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I definitely am hungrier after I workout but I don't turn to junk food. Try eating more protein instead.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    ashwolf9 wrote: »
    Nearly every time I do a workout I want to binge on sweets and crisps. Its making my fail my calorie goals and I don't feel any better about doing the workout. I feel like I deserved it but after I just feel fat.

Eat more protein! Have you ever tried to stuff yourself with loads of eggs, chicken or cottage cheese? No? I thought so. That's because protein is so filling and satisfying is gives you the fullness factor. And don't forget fibre from veggies, fruits, whole grains and peas/beans/lentils. If you crave junk eat your nutritious meal first, then allow a dessert treat. This way you get the best of both worlds.