Slip up

Options
I have been doing really well on my fitness pal for the last several weeks and already lost 5 pounds.

Last Night I went out to dinner and ended up going over my calories for the day by 855 calories! I went right back to eating healthy and sticking to myfitnesspal.com the very next day. How will this affect my weight loss?

Thank you!

Replies

• Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Besides the extra sodium you probably took in, it wont really affect your weight loss. If you aren't a "jump-on-the-scale-every-single-day-and-sometimes-twice" person, you probably won't even notice it at all. The important part is that you didn't let it get you completely off track and it's not something you do very often.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Other than water retention from the sodium? Probably not at all. Drink a lot of water today and don't worry about what happened yesterday. Focus on today. :)
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. You got right back on track, and if you're like me, that's a big change from past behavior, so that's a big deal!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I had a slip up two weeks ago and I went 1500 calories over my normal goal. Suprisingly, it did not affect me as much as i thought it would. When i weighed in at the end of the week, I actually lost the amount I was aiming for. Just long as you don't make the slip ups regular, you should be fine.
  • mhig011975
    mhig011975 Posts: 181
    Options
    Focus on today, don't dwell on the past.
  • 69Jax69
    69Jax69 Posts: 32
    Options
    Great advice from everyone! I'm sure I'll have slip ups as well but just keep pushing forward!