My Journey

Options
I joined MFP about a week ago weighing in at 295.4. My objective for week 1 was simply to track what I ate and see where my problem areas were. Objective achieved. I found 3 problem areas to work on, sugar, snacks, and dinner. So I now have several areas that need attention.
I start my first 30 challenge 8/1. My objective will be to stay within my caloric allotment, work out three days a week, and stay on track and finish there challenge. Let's see what happens.

Replies

• Hodgie76
    Hodgie76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi hope you stick with your challenge, I'm doing a 30 day challenge as I'm not a very motivated person tbh and I'm struggling but I aim to get to my goal which is under 12 stone I'm currently 14.9 at the moment.
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Great job on the treadmill. 3 days is a great way to start...you can see an end goal. Small, consistent changes over time will get you exactly where you want to be. Welcome to My Fitness Pal.
  • bonnieevans6060
    bonnieevans6060 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hodgie76 wrote: »
    Hi hope you stick with your challenge, I'm doing a 30 day challenge as I'm not a very motivated person tbh and I'm struggling but I aim to get to my goal which is under 12 stone I'm currently 14.9 at the moment.

I am from the USA and I have no clue what a stone is but it doesn't sound like you have far to go to get to your goal. Is thirty days start to overwhelm you break it down to one week segments. What are you doing to reach your goal? My goal this week is to stay within my allotted calories and work out three times.
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Today was my first weigh in. I'm happy to say that I'm down 7.2 pounds. New objective is to keep those 7 pounds gone and not get all excited send gain them back. In the past whenever I've lost a few pounds I get all excited and reward myself with food, gaining it all right back. Time to break that cycle. I started at 295.4 and I'm 288.2 this morning.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm over in the challenge section doing 10-day challenges. These are less daunting for me so easier to stick to.
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Starting week #3. Tomorrow is weigh day but today I increased my speed on the treadmill from 2 mph to 2.2 mph. Not much but I can tell the difference. Baby steps. My ultimate goal is 2.5 mph in 30 minutes, then increase my time to 1 hour
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Today was my second weigh in day and I'm sad to report my weight is up from last weeks weight of 288.2 to whopping 290.8. We went out of town for my cousins wedding though and apparently this is what eating out does to you.
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    One of my overall goals is to get to 5,000 steps a day and build up to 10,000 from there. Ten thousand steps a day is what I've read a healthy person should log daily. Yesterday was the FIRST TIME I've logged 5,000 steps. Actually it was a tad over. I walked 1.08 miles in the treadmill yesterday and went to the grocery store too. That is what got me there. At least now I know it's doable for me. So next weeks mini goal is hit 5,000+ steps at least 3 days.
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Last week 290.6.
    This week 285.6.
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Treadmill now 2.2 mph and 1.06 miles in 30 minutes. HR yesterday low 120's.
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    Last week: 285.6
    This week: 283.6

First of month: 288.2
    End of month goal: 280.0
  • bonnieevans6060
    Options
    I have increased my speed, time, and distance on the treadmill.

I started out at 2.0 mph for 30 minutes and a distance of 1.01 miles the first of the month. Now I'm at 2.4 mph for 45 minutes and a distance of 1.78 miles. Adjusted goal is to reach 2 miles in 45 minutes. That should be doable since I think ultimately I should be able to do a mile in 15 minutes.

Starting weight first of month was 288.2. Tuesday is weigh day and today I was 283.6.
  • dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    So inspiring, thanks for the post. You are awesome and keep rocking out your goals
  • hydechildcare
    hydechildcare Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I also do mine in month challenges. Mainly because usually week four I give up. Tomorrow will be 2 weeks I am 7 pounds down. I started at 233 and I am now 226. I am hoping to lose at least 4 more pounds in the next 2 weeks. So far so go. I also have a sweet tooth and have done well on curbing the craving. Usually fruit will fix the craving some time I reach for the chocolate hazelnut spread. So I am getting some protein in my snack too. Every day in my book is one step closer to a healthy life style. Good luck!
  • AnjiGeekMom
    AnjiGeekMom Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This motivates me as I have been watching my weight and cut of all sodas of all kinds about 3 months ago and was upset I didn't see much of a change in my weight. I fluctuate between loosing 10lbs and gaining it right back. I didn't know what I could be doing differently. So I have been reading and researching and I was committing the ultimate sin as I did not know any better. I was starving myself by only eating the minimum of 1200 calories a day no matter if I walked or not. I have since learned and things are a slow progress, but your monthly goal gave me an idea of what to do. Thank you for
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    A stone is 14 US pounds. It's a British measurement. So that particular person that said they wanted to get from 14.9 stones to 12 stones, that's almost 42 pounds he wants to lose.
  • bonnieevans5797
    Options
    Well the Labor Day weekend is over and I gained 3.6 pounds. Here's what went down. Ruth was in town. At the river where we spent Saturday and Sunday. There is no cell service, internet, etc but we survived. The downfall was I couldn't log. However, there were no healthy food choices to be made. But I'm back home now and back on track. In addition to
    Missing two days of logging I also missed working out two days. Guess I should be glad I didn't gain more than 3.6 pounds!!