Anyone else using iPhone to track steps?

How can I keep a running total, weekly and monthly? Thanks!

Replies

• lbecker69
    lbecker69 Posts: 6 Member
    I just started using it and it seems to work fine
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    I use mine too, but half the time it sits on my desk at work...LOL :D
  • IsabeausRose
    IsabeausRose Posts: 129 Member
    I use MapMyWalk that I got through here for my iPhone and it's much more accurate. It might be what your looking for. They have MapMyRun and such as well.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I used the 'Steps' app because it doesn't require GPS, though it does have that option.
  • cougargirl1025
    cougargirl1025 Posts: 80 Member
    I used the 'Steps' app because it doesn't require GPS, though it does have that option.

Does this kill the battery in your phone?
  • dillydaisys
    dillydaisys Posts: 132 Member
    I use to use steps app and I didn't notice it draining my battery but it's hard keeping your phone on you all day so I'd miss a lot of steps but it was still pretty good
  • Calichusetts
    Calichusetts Posts: 100 Member
    I use it. Seems accurate enough. Not really a major source of calories though.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I used the iPhone Health app to track steps from April 2015 to December 2015. It worked well, and helped me earn extra calories. I lost 24 kg in that period.
  • nibby10101010
    nibby10101010 Posts: 23 Member
    Thanks for the feedback, eveyone. I am still using the iPhone Health app to track my steps and it populates immediately to MFP. I just was hoping it would keep a record of my daily steps....haven't figured out if that's possible
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Go to Activity > Steps > then you can see Day / Week / Month / Year
  • yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    I try to use mine but I keep setting it down and forgetting it usually when I'm on my way biggest walk
  • nibby10101010
    I found a flat-type fanny pack, which holds my iPhone 7 perfectly. (nothing else) Perfect for tracking steps at the gym. Orphia, thank you....I found the tracking! That's impressive weight that you lost!! I googled it and 24 kg is 53 pounds! That's REALLY good! Have you been able to keep it off? Were you eating low carb? Any alcohol?
  • jessrex2848
    jessrex2848 Posts: 1 Member
    I've just started using mfp and use my phone it seems to be working ok I just need to remember to keep it on me
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    How can I keep a running total, weekly and monthly? Thanks!

I had an app on my iphone that has a little heart on it and keep track of my steps sometimes that way. It's not always very accurate though and I don't always keep my phone on me. That's where a fitbit might come in handy.
  • myfavoritealpha
    myfavoritealpha Posts: 44 Member
    I just hold my phone or place it in my pocket. I thought about the arm bad, but I have a pretty large phone.
  • nibby10101010
    I have found that the iPhone app (with the red heart) is very accurate, and it populates immediately to MFP!! And yes, you do have to keep it on you at all times, but that's a good thing, for many reasons! That's why the slim fanny pack works well at the gym, because leggings don't have pockets!
  • nibby10101010
    2 days this week of 6600+ steps! I "upped" them even more by using my rebounder at night while watching TV
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member

Does this kill the battery in your phone?

Pretty much. I kept a charger with me and would keep an eye out for outlets so I could grab some juice. But mines a dinosaur ... Think it's a 4? That might affect it too.
  • Kakramme
    Kakramme Posts: 18 Member
    I have the pacer app on my phone and this syncs with MFP. My iwatch syncs its pacer with my phone as well. I don't notice a battery drain.
  • bleu_ciel5
    bleu_ciel5 Posts: 7 Member
    I use the app simply called StepsApp. It is very accurate and will track your steps even if you have the app closed. I've been using it for a few weeks and never had any issues with it. Highly recommend.