27 out of excuses and wanting to loose 100 lbs

Options
Im 27 ive always been a big girl. But my blood pressure is high and my health is going down hill and im not getting any younger. I want to loose 100 lbs. I have horrible issues with will power and keeping myself motivated looking for people who can hold me accountable. :)

Replies

• dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this. great support system here.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • abbyfitzpatrick93
    abbyfitzpatrick93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here ! I Find myself ready to diet and after a few days I'm so emotional and grumpy. I did it once before few years ago and lost a few stone. So my advice is write down all.thw reasons your doing this and everytime you go to eat something you shouldn't then look at the list. hope this helps x
  • tanny20171
    tanny20171 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, we can do it! I'll add you xx
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    No one has willpower 100% of the time. Looking at weight loss as a matter of will power is setting yourself up to fail. Instead, make life changes you can keep for a lifetime and be happy to keep doing. Find something active you enjoy to make it easier to put yourself into a deficit, and figure out how much of the foods you love you need to be eating. Start by logging everything. Then look at your log and figure out where you can most easily make changes, such as substituting lower calorie options, avoiding trigger places, people, and times, planning ahead to avoid making bad choices, cutting portion sizes, and even adding in healthy foods you don't eat enough of.

Best of luck to you!
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with my weight for many years. I'm finally lighter than I was over 10 years ago. After many different attempts, the thing that helped me keep motivated is a hard set goal. For me, I have signed up for a fight in which I have to be a certain weight for. I'm not suggesting you do that, unless you have an interest in martial arts... but giving yourself a realistic deadline in which there is a decent reward for making and also a penalty for not making might be the trick. I know a lot of people are motivated by clothing so it could be you don't get any new clothes until you drop a certain number of pounds? Penalty: your clothes wear out if you don't loose weight, reward: shopping spree looking awesome.
  • stvmrtn
    stvmrtn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am currently responding to the scale being the heaviest I have ever been, gaining 80+ pounds over the last 3 years. My health isn't great and would love some people in the similar thought track to take the journey with! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • allyroylance
    allyroylance Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add or message me!(:
  • Brandi92809
    Brandi92809 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am in a similar situation! I am 29 years old and high cholesterol and high blood pressure. I have been "starting over" for like the past 8 years ..... I have 100 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me ^_^
  • Zman003
    Zman003 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome time to get at it and make a change for the better.
  • Bearded1der
    Bearded1der Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Same here, accountability is key. Good luck!
  • GABRIEL1919
    GABRIEL1919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add here ... friendship approval.... we all can be a motivation.