Beautiful Behaviors -- August 2017

Options
124»

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    Oh my. I woke up in the night. Sick, nauseated, and hungry! Geesh. So I fixed a quick bland pancake (heaping half cup spelt flour, pinch baking soda, tablespoon of dry milk, egg, water). Then poured coconut oil into the pan. What was I thinking? I was estimating a tablespoon of oil, but it was closer to 3. Well. The high fat pancake and ibuprofen put me back to sleep for a good long time. There goes a third of my day's calories!

And I'm hungry again.

My beautiful behavior for the day will be finding a set of measuring spoons that appeal to me emotionally. Something lovely, or something that tugs my heart strings. Something that says oh look! You can feel good by having pretty things to look at. Maybe a wooden set because I like wood.

Yeah.

Love to all.

Lea

Lea, I love the idea of the measuring spoons! Having the right kitchenware is just so happy making for me. My measuring spoons were a gift for posting the recipe of the month on a history forum! I'd go broke buying cute things for my kitchen if I didn't watch myself.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Well.

Today I tried cooked dandelion greens, just to find out if I like them.

I don't.

• lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Made it through the mid-week point. Energy level still pretty good - time to finish strong!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I had a wake up call today.

I had my doctors appointment about by disordered eating and yearly physical. She diagnosed me with a GED (lol no not a high school diploma - I've already got one of those!) but a Generalized eating disorder. I do not starve myself; I am just preoccupied with food and my body. I admitted to her that I have dropped the ball on calories this summer. I have been under goal (2000 min) nearly every day, not usually intentionally. I have dropped weight I definitely should not have. My body is composed as it is and no amount of weight loss will change how I personally feel about my thighs or stomach. She is okay with the calorie counting - without it I may have eaten even less a lot of these days. MFP has helped me conquer a lot of problems, and it will continue to be an important part of my healthy lifestyle. I got a referral to speak to a therapist about my GED. I am relieved and happy to finally have a concrete plan for the future of this issue. Someone to talk to besides family about it. My parents do not have similar food preoccupations and do not understand how this feels for me. They are caring and helpful but I am ecstatic to have a professional to discuss things with.

As we wrapped up the appointment, she asked me to go down to the lab to have a quick blood draw done to rule out low blood sugar. No biggie, I thought. It's just two small vials so I can handle it! (I hadn't eaten anything so far so she was glad we could get an accurate blood sugar that day). The actual draw went well. The nurse was magic with the needle, I barely felt it! As I left, I had a ringing in my ears, and suddenly everything was muffled. I quickly grabbed a chair in the waiting room and sat down. I lost conciousness (after managing one bite of my breakfast I packed) in the chair and felt like my head was spinning. No one had noticed me and must've thought I was sleeping. I went in and out for about a half an hour. Went I was finally a little better, I ate the rest of my PB + J and texted my mom to tell her what happened so she could read it on her lunch break. I was going to attempt to drive to my one grandparents house since it was closer than mine and I could lay down. (they always have the door unlocked in back and I was going to let out their dog anyway) I made it to the bathroom to splash water on my face and walked to my car. I was sitting behind the wheel and didn't feel 'right'. I called my other grandparents who lived nearby as well. My grandpa came in a snap and picked me up. He got me some orange juice and a cookie to get my blood sugar up and help me come to completely. We relaxed and chatted for a few hours and had some lunch. He really saved me today. I'm not sure what could've happened if I tried to drive. By 2 o clock I was good to go and did my grocery shopping. It was an altered trip though! I picked up more nutrient dense foods that I normally don't get for fear of going over my calories. I got fairlife chocolate milk, granola, nuts, etc. to go with my other groceries.

I realized I need to take this seriously. If I wasn't underweight this might not have happened. I could have hit my head or worse if I had driven. The Lord really shook me today, and I needed this reminder to care for myself by eating enough even when it's mentally hard. My results for my blood test all came back normal, and I give thanks for that! I need to keep them that way!

Blessings on everyone's weekend!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    I had a wake up call today.

I had my doctors appointment about by disordered eating and yearly physical. She diagnosed me with a GED (lol no not a high school diploma - I've already got one of those!) but a Generalized eating disorder. I do not starve myself; I am just preoccupied with food and my body. I admitted to her that I have dropped the ball on calories this summer. I have been under goal (2000 min) nearly every day, not usually intentionally. I have dropped weight I definitely should not have. My body is composed as it is and no amount of weight loss will change how I personally feel about my thighs or stomach. She is okay with the calorie counting - without it I may have eaten even less a lot of these days. MFP has helped me conquer a lot of problems, and it will continue to be an important part of my healthy lifestyle. I got a referral to speak to a therapist about my GED. I am relieved and happy to finally have a concrete plan for the future of this issue. Someone to talk to besides family about it. My parents do not have similar food preoccupations and do not understand how this feels for me. They are caring and helpful but I am ecstatic to have a professional to discuss things with.

As we wrapped up the appointment, she asked me to go down to the lab to have a quick blood draw done to rule out low blood sugar. No biggie, I thought. It's just two small vials so I can handle it! (I hadn't eaten anything so far so she was glad we could get an accurate blood sugar that day). The actual draw went well. The nurse was magic with the needle, I barely felt it! As I left, I had a ringing in my ears, and suddenly everything was muffled. I quickly grabbed a chair in the waiting room and sat down. I lost conciousness (after managing one bite of my breakfast I packed) in the chair and felt like my head was spinning. No one had noticed me and must've thought I was sleeping. I went in and out for about a half an hour. Went I was finally a little better, I ate the rest of my PB + J and texted my mom to tell her what happened so she could read it on her lunch break. I was going to attempt to drive to my one grandparents house since it was closer than mine and I could lay down. (they always have the door unlocked in back and I was going to let out their dog anyway) I made it to the bathroom to splash water on my face and walked to my car. I was sitting behind the wheel and didn't feel 'right'. I called my other grandparents who lived nearby as well. My grandpa came in a snap and picked me up. He got me some orange juice and a cookie to get my blood sugar up and help me come to completely. We relaxed and chatted for a few hours and had some lunch. He really saved me today. I'm not sure what could've happened if I tried to drive. By 2 o clock I was good to go and did my grocery shopping. It was an altered trip though! I picked up more nutrient dense foods that I normally don't get for fear of going over my calories. I got fairlife chocolate milk, granola, nuts, etc. to go with my other groceries.

I realized I need to take this seriously. If I wasn't underweight this might not have happened. I could have hit my head or worse if I had driven. The Lord really shook me today, and I needed this reminder to care for myself by eating enough even when it's mentally hard. My results for my blood test all came back normal, and I give thanks for that! I need to keep them that way!

Blessings on everyone's weekend!

Oh honey, I'm so glad you're okay and that you didn't drive off and hurt yourself or someone else. You really shouldn't drive after passing out or when you might have blood sugar issues! But you probably weren't thinking super clearly.

Please do take care of yourself! I'm glad you're getting help.

I keep smarties in my testing kit in my purse for emergency lows - it might be a good idea to pack a snack for a while, until you know this isn't going to happen again. I also keep a bag of granola for when it's not quite an emergency, just need a little more glucose to make it until my next meal.
  • Priyarose
    Priyarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Ace idea for a thread. My BB is taking some deep slow breaths. In,2,3,4...out,2,3,4...in,2,3,4

I wanna emotional-eat some feelings right now, but I'm gonna get a cup of water instead and keep up the slow breathing. Good night from Down Under, folks!
  • lifestyle70
    lifestyle70 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This week I have experienced what can happen when we let our beautiful minds (brains) run with thoughts. This week was extremely busy at work and we are in the process of purchasing a house (meaning an eventual move and kids to new schools in the district I work in). I realized how much stress can be caused when I let my mind play the "what if" or "wonder" game and I don't mean what if or wonder in the sense of planning or being prepared.

My mind took things like meeting with the loan officer or working with our landlady on moving out etc. and went to worst case scenarios. As I continue to work on "being present and in the moment" I am going to also work on letting events be just what they are, events. The meeting with the loan officer went well and I realize how much undo stress I let my mind create. So far, working with our landlady has been fairly positive, again undo stress caused.

The more I read about our beautiful minds and how we can continue to shape them and rewire them as we age, the more excited I get. I don't want to be nonchalant towards things or unprepared but also do not want to give more power to things than should be. Don't want to create stress where there does not have to be any, the world does a fine job of that on its own.

Have a great weekend and go out and enjoy ever moment, learn from them and keep pushing forward!
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

So sorry to have not kept up with you all. Things have been extremely crazy here at work and well today has been no exception.

They let my boss go today. A very sad day because I loved working with him. On top of that, I am worried about a friend of mine stuck in her upstairs in Houston due to flood water. Last I heard this morning, water was about 3 or 4 ft deep in her downstairs part of the house. I am struggling not to emotional eat. Glad I decided yesterday to prepare my meals and snacks for today. Trying to not break down and cry about it all...I sit in the freaking hallway at work so everyone walks right by my desk. Working with all men, they just wouldn't understand the tears. Anyway, I am up to 170 lbs again and that is depressing in itself. Ordered a new digital scale and it arrives tomorrow. Going to get back serious about this whole losing weight and getting healthy situation. Please help me stay positive about everything. Its been a struggle lately. This last month has been hell and no end to that in sight.

Hope you all have a great day and keep those goals in sight.
  • Priyarose
    Priyarose Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You'll get there. We'll all get there. We'll help each other. Tomorrow is a brand new start. It's soooo discouraging when we aren't where we want to/need to be. But we can turn our lives around. There's always hope.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Hello to all!

I have been tracking my food on a different app - Weight Watchers. I'm pleased with it so far. WW is geared toward people who have obesity and related weight concerns first, while MFP is full of people who want to get buff. I identify well with those who want to lose weight first.

@katadx - I wish there was a web site geared toward your health goals, but until there is -- You deserve to take care of yourself! You are worth it! Nuts, almonds, fruits, avocado, healthy oils and foods! Yum. I'm glad that someone knew to bring you orange juice. Good save by Granddad!!

I love reading everyone's beautiful behaviors!!!

Mine for today is to stop everything I'm doing for just a minute and love my God. Ahhh! That feels so good!

Love to all.

Lea
  • aleahurst
    Options
    eksegg771f61.png
  • velocity60
    velocity60 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Welcome September . A beautiful new month ready for us to celebrate it ! I don't know why but I am really into this month starting . It's been beautiful weather wise here in Providence the past few days . Getting ready for long walks & embracing Fall . Something has clicked inside me & I think I can actually do what I know I need to .
  • velocity60
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I just joined the 30 day squat challenge if anyone is interested & even though it's about 6:15 in the morning here & I haven't even had my tea I just did 20 squats ! Very happy ! & now something to make you smile . Me & my dishy new beau ! urhyp5sq1ma3.jpg
    Those Arms ! Maybe I should be looking for an arm challenge as well ! Happy Friday Y'All
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    @aleahurst I did the same thing today! I gave thanks for my new therapist.

So today I did a bunch of stuff! I went down to my new college and was able to pay for my semester in cash. It felt so good! Then I went to my new therapist, and she's so nice! My sessions get to be an hour long and speaking to a professional felt AMAZING. Afterwards I picked up a couple portabella mushroom caps and some other groceries! Can't wait to eat them! I'm going to make my mother and I steak, eggs, and portabellas for dinner. I also found pancakes and waffles halo top to eat tonight to 'celebrate' my first therapy appointment and paying for school. :smile: I am going to take it easy the rest of today because I worked nonstop for 12 hours yesterday and am absolutely still bushed.

Tommorow, we plan on going for a hike again!

Best wishes to everyone's long weekend!

• velocity60
    Options
    Are we keeping on with September in this feed or is there a new September one ? Hey you guys don't leave without me ! v2uc1jyn2m5h.png
    My new hair y'all !
  • aleahurst
    Options
    I'm going to start a September thread unless @jessiquoi does it first!

• aleahurst
    Options
    @velocity60 - woooo! Love those colors!!

@katadx - it was really nice. I'm glad we shared that!

New thread for September: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10593966/beautiful-behaviors-september-2017/p1?new=1
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Is there a Beautiful Behavior for 2018?