Weight loss per week? (Newbie)

Options
What are people loosing on average per week. Does sticking to calories alone work for you, or do you add in exercise?

Replies

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    1-1.5 per week. And yes, I add exercise, but I don't think it's necessary. But if you wanna eat more, you can get some exercise in and buy yourself some more calories. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Everyone's going to have a different answer based on how much they want to lose and how quickly. Calories alone works fine for most, but exercise is always a good idea.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Im losing 1.8 lbs a week on average. I walk for exercise, I recently started adding a second walk in the morning and I've been playing tennis at night, I just changed my goals to lose 1 lb per week so Im expecting to see it slow down soon.
  • klovold1983
    klovold1983 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Leeanne748 wrote: »
    What are people loosing on average per week. Does sticking to calories alone work for you, or do you add in exercise?

I've been losing, on average, 4.1 PPW. I don't exercise, I don't count calories. The only thing I've done (at the advice of my doctor/nutritionist) is change my WOE. I'm now ketogenic. I'm down from 269.4 to 232.2 in slightly less than 9 weeks.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Over the course of the last 3-4 months I've averaged between 1.55 and 1.75 lbs a week. I have not added exercise. Prior to that it was more in the 2 to 2.5 lb range with my first month being about 4 lbs
  • VodkaAddictx
    VodkaAddictx Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    at first was 2lb then slowed down to 1.5 lb or 1 lb and now stopped all together haha thats probably cause i got bored of my diet!