Culver's

Options
So I had a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings from Culver's for dinner tonight. It fit within my calories for the day but it was a big splurge. It tasted Sooooo good. But now it's sitting like a brick in my stomach I want to puke! I'm sort of regretting eating it but at the same time I'm glad I did because now I know it's so not worth it!!!!

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Love Culver's. Their custard is worth every calorie.
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Oh I agree. The custard is great. And it doesn't sit as heavy as the meal I just had.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Last year I did a long and hilly bike ride around Madison and then stopped for Culvers (small burger and fries) on the way back, and it was totally worth it. Dumb of me not to get custard, but I was going out for tapas that evening, so couldn't really.
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    For my splurge, I like to get their fries and cup of chili, or sandwich with side salad! Yummy and not as heavy as getting a combo meal thing.
  • kath1mill
    kath1mill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I can't go to Culver's without getting custard. No fancy flavors, just vanilla. I'd rather have that than their burgers or fries.

I know what you mean about the meal feeling so heavy though. If you have cut out most fast food, it's very different to go back and have things you used to eat all the time without thinking.
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    Culver's is worth it every time. I always get their custard or a shake since I'm a vegetarian but it' sooooo good!
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Darn it. Now I want a bacon cheeseburger and onion rings from Culvers. The Wisconsin Cheese Pub Burger they're offering now is pretty darn good too.
  • artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Jruzer don't do it!!!! :p:p
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    artanis50 wrote: »
    @Jruzer don't do it!!!! :p:p

:D I had a big Culver's meal a few weeks ago. That will last me for a while! Usually I get a single butterburger and a side salad - that's a pretty reasonable calorie count.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    IMO, custard is the ONLY reason to go to Culver's. I've never been too impressed with their food, so not worth it for me.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    For a pull off at an exit fast food stop when driving (something I do a couple times a year), I think Culver's hits the spot. Beats the usual, IMO.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Culver's was king when I still lived in Wisconsin and they were everywhere. They are still around here in Illinois there are just less of them. They do surprisingly have quite a few options for calorie counters, which is why I visit there fairly often:
    https://www.culvers.com/menu-and-nutrition/mindful-choices

I am a pretty big fan of the butterburger.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I've done this with things I used to love eating. I'm often surprised at how icky I feel afterwards now. I guess that shows that my tastes/habits have changed over the last several months.
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Culver's is worth it every time. I always get their custard or a shake since I'm a vegetarian but it' sooooo good!

They make a great garden salad (and if you eat tuna, they can add that). You can also order from the kids menu and get grilled cheese (what I usually do) and it comes with a small custard!