Duromine

Options
Hello everyone, I started duromine almost 2 weeks ago now at 114kgs. It has been 13 days and I have only managed to lose 3.2kgs weighing in at 110.8kgs. I've cut down my portions I exercise to the capacity I am able to (recovering from a stress fracture and ankle sprain as well as a swollen knee that plays up due to an ACL reconstruction I had 3 years ago) my question is has anyone on duromine had it be difficult to lose weight after the first week? Or do I just expect to much from reading all the success stories of people losing 7kgs in a week?

Replies

• hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what duromine is, but losing 7kgs in a week is crazy! On an ongoing basis, you can expect to realistically lose 1-2 pounds, or just under a kilo max! A lot of times the first weight lost is water because you're probably eating fewer/less processed foods and exercising (sweating) more. Sorry to burst your bubble. Cutting portions and exercising at any level is always going to be a great start and support your goals!
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I believe it is a prescription weight loss pill...
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    "Anorectic
    It can promote weight loss when used for a short time.
    Controlled substance
    Can cause rapid or irregular heartbeat, delirium, panic, psychosis, and heart failure."

Thanks, no thanks.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    It's basically Speed on prescription.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Duromine is the Australian brand name for phentermine.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? It is still very much possible to eat more calories than what you burn, even while on medication. How many calories are you eating, and what is your MFP allowance? You lost 3.2 kg - comes down to 1.5kg per week, which is normal for the first two weeks ..... Not sure what you were expecting?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!