Night shift nurse new to MFP

Options
I have a lot of weight to lose. I used MFP a couple of years back and was progressively losing weight but I slipped up during nursing school and with life in general. Any friends, tips, and advice are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new too
  • BartholomewChristina683
    Options
    I spent years in nursing school and on night shift and gained A LOT of weight! Welcome to MFP.
  • Maxcannon_
    Maxcannon_ Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm new! Feel free to add.
  • PayShi
    PayShi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Also a night shift nurse welcome to MFP
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    welcome, now give us five Burpee's!!
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I work rotating shifts as well. 12 hour shifts 7 nights and 7 days a month. I get creative with my workouts. Feel free to add me and good luck!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Fellow night shift nurse here.
  • Tencwhiskey
    Tencwhiskey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I work in fire/ems, night shift is brutal! Good luck to you.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    me too.
  • jonathanq0623
    jonathanq0623 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did the same and slipped but I'm back and ready to do this! I'm also in the medical field.
  • val9471
    val9471 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and I just started working night shift again. Feel free to add me.
  • chrissiface
    chrissiface Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hello, i just started back on nites as well...welcome
  • kaycarre
    kaycarre Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Night Shift nurse here too. Good luck with your goals, I know first hand juat how hard it can be to stay healthy on night shift. Feel free to add me and we can help each other stay motivated.
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I used to work night shift as a nurse aide but was constantly sick and exhausted so finally decided to change my life and get a day job. Not a zombie anymore.
  • CatRunna
    CatRunna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shift nurse also. Feel free to add me! I run to keep my weight down and also use intermittent fasting which works well on night shifts :)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I used to work night shift as a nurse aide but was constantly sick and exhausted so finally decided to change my life and get a day job. Not a zombie anymore.

same here as a CNA. I worked long 12 hour shifts all night and it was too hard on my body. I've heard that 12 hour shifts in general though whether day or night in the medical field can cause weight gain with all the stress.