EA Sports Active?

Options
I just bought EA Sports Active 2 for the Wii for my birthday and today is the second day I've used it (yesterday being #1)... I LOVE it! I was wondering if there are any people here who use it (either the first or second one, or the NFL one) and if so, would you like to be "friends" on here and keep each other motivated to use it? Also if there is anyone who has been using this to exercise for a while, what kind of results have you seen?

I'm not using this as my sole form of exercise, but it is definitely fun and works me out well and it's a quick workout for my busy days.

Replies

• EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I bought this a couple of weeks ago but haven't used it yet...when I went to set it up the other day I realised our Wii controllers didn't have any batteries in them!! Glad you like it, though - I can't wait to get started with it!
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I do really love it. :-) Definitely worth the $25 I got it on sale for! Hope you like it when you try it, I think it's fun... It is also challenging! I chose the "medium" intensity and it makes me sweat, gets my breathing going, and makes my heart pump. The heart rate monitor is a great feature too!
  • kawenas
    kawenas Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the EA Active. I bought the first one a couple of years ago. I lost about 20 pounds with it. I would like to start using it again, but my sciatica right now won't allow that to happen. Right now walking alone is a chore. Enjoy the program. If you continue to you use it, you will definitely see the results. I was so excited when I started seeing some definition in my arms and legs.
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,946 Member
    Options
    I put it on my Christmas list and my husband bought it for me but it is STILL in the box in our family room and I haven't opened it yet as although I like to do a variety of exercise and change things up, I don't like having to read instructions and learn something new! Plus, my family room is filled with too much stuff so no space to do my Wii exercises until I clean up and move some furniture around. You can add me if you want and that will be a good butt kicking for me to start using the new exercise program or you can wait until I open it up and then I can friend you. Your choice.
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've got the second one as well. I've already done the 9 week program twice on medium, and the cardio kick start on medium once as well. I'm almost done the first phase of the 9 week program on hard now, and I still love every minute of it.

Btw- if you haven't noticed, you can make your own workouts as well. For my "off days" (which end up usually being more intense than my "on days", I have made a workout as follows:

-4 warm ups (I switch them every once in a while to keep it interesting)
    -Step Aerobics 10 minute A
    -Basketball running (on the hard setting for the longest lap, and I repeat until I get to 300-500 cals burned total, depending on my energy level)
    -hammer curls
    -crunches with punches
    -Step Aerobics 10 minute B
    -Basketball running (on the hard setting for the longest lap, I repeat until I'm anywhere from 600-1000 cals burned total, depending on energy level)
    -Tricep extension
    -Plank
    -Step Aerobics 10 minute C
    -Basketball running (on the hard setting for the longest lap, I repeat until I'm anywhere from 900-1500 cals burned total, depending on energy level)
    -Push ups from knees
    -side plank
    -crunches with punches
    -Basketball running (on the hard setting for the longest lap, I repeat until I'm anywhere from 1000-2000 cals burned total, depending on energy level)
    -4 cool downs (switching them up sometimes)

Takes anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours

I'm a bit OCD - I need to have specific calorie numbers in the corner before I move on from my running... but it's a great burn, and a workout to feel proud of!

Anyone else put together their own workout that they love?
  • Kmarr32010
    Kmarr32010 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my EASports Active 2! It's a GREAT workout for the days I can't get to the gym. I've finished the cardio kickstart program and am on the 1st phase of the 9 week program now. I'd love to be friends and help keep each other motivated. Will be sending a friend request. :)
  • mithwiz
    mithwiz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm going through the 9-week program right now and it challenges me. It definitely gets my heart pumping and makes me sweat. I quit my gym membership and am doing this because I feel I get a better workout than I was getting at my gym, believe it or not. I also love that you can set up your own workouts.
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    I absolutely love the EA Active. I bought the first one a couple of years ago. I lost about 20 pounds with it. I would like to start using it again, but my sciatica right now won't allow that to happen. Right now walking alone is a chore. Enjoy the program. If you continue to you use it, you will definitely see the results. I was so excited when I started seeing some definition in my arms and legs.

I had sciatica while I was pregnant, so I totally understand not being able to do it right now. Thanks for letting me know that it does show some good results! :-)
  • mandimoore617
    Options
    I put it on my Christmas list and my husband bought it for me but it is STILL in the box in our family room and I haven't opened it yet as although I like to do a variety of exercise and change things up, I don't like having to read instructions and learn something new! Plus, my family room is filled with too much stuff so no space to do my Wii exercises until I clean up and move some furniture around. You can add me if you want and that will be a good butt kicking for me to start using the new exercise program or you can wait until I open it up and then I can friend you. Your choice.

LOL I understand not wanting to learn new stuff. It's actually a lot of things that I already knew how to do, and you may too. In the past two days, I have done squats, skipping (which you act like you are skipping rope), running in place, a little bit of easy yoga, cardio step program, jumping, etc. There really isn't much that I have done so far that I didn't already know how to do. Also, I don't have much room in my living room where my Wii is, just about a 4-foot square area, but that is plenty for it. Hopefully the info will help you get it out of the package and try it out! :-) I'll go add you...
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have EA SA2 for the PS3 and it's the first thing I used to start exercising. I still use it now if the weather is bad and I can't get outside.

I have a 59 minute custom workout that I use - I don't use the pre-set programs because I work away quite a lot so I never get the chance to finish them!

It's amazing to me that a "video game" can give as good a workout as a session at the gym!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I've had EA Active 2 since January and love it. I use it as my primary workout during the week. I went through the 2 "programs", then did some of the pre-set ones regularly. It helped me get in shape for a Warrior Dash I did in March.

I now do several custom ones I made. Some focus on cardio and others focus on strength training. I avoid the exercises that require jumping because I found those hurt my knees.

It definitely can give you a good workout. Some of the best money I've spent on exercise "gear".