need some retirement friends,please friend me

Options
brenn24179
brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
would like some friends getting ready to retire or have successfully done it.

I am 64

Replies

• brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    thanks
  • Silverfoxdc
    Silverfoxdc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been semi-retired for about 4 years. I work only 16 hours per week. It was a big adjustment, as I had worked 39 1/2 years full time. I do miss working with the public, as I used to do. Now, I work in a shelter for victims of Domestic Violence. It is much more than a job to me. It's very rewarding. I just joined My Fitness Pal today. Wish me luck! Pleased to meet you! Debbie
  • Equinelover2
    Equinelover2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!
    I am back on My Fitness Pal after a fairly lengthy period in which I managed to gain back all of the weight I lost last Fall (plus a few pounds) after a long stint of being inactive due to pain and then hip replacement surgery.
    I am at 65 still working full time (from home) and really need ladies of my generation that know the challenges of trying to lose weight. (I think I could live on air and STILL gain!)
    Let's do this together! ;D
  • mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me as a friend. I am 64 and have cut my schedule way back (I teach piano)... and I plan to retire after this reaching year.

I also want to invite you to a great group I belong to, for folks age 60 and over --- very supportive bunch. We are just starting a new September challenge today! You set your own goals and report on how you do with them. See

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3538-60-years-old-and-over

~ Kathy in Massachusetts (and sometimes at our condo in western New York)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Age 61, retired from full time job at 51 (realized after stage III breast cancer that I'd be very unhappy if I got metastatic cancer & died before being able to retire, so made it a priority to retire as early as practical ;) ). Worked about 25% time for around 5 years, now fully retired. Lost 50+ pounds in 2015-16 at age 59-60, down to a healthy weight, now in 2nd year of maintenance.
  • Norma122184
    Norma122184 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...my name is Norma. I've been retired for 30 years. I can't imagine having to go back to work. I am 76 and I've just finished losing 30 pounds for the umpth time. I have been yoyoing all my life. I reached my goal in March and I've been attempting to maintain since then. So far so good. :)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 and have been retired just shy of 7 years. Retirement ROCKS!!

I've finally come to the realization that I need to change a lifelong habit of eating like a woman who weighs twice what is healthy. I now really realize that I must eat like a healthy and slender person for the rest of my life. Since I have not managed to control my eating through any method other than logging everything I eat, I am destined to keep track for the foreseeable future.

Anyway, I'm eating at a 500 calorie per day (1 pound per week) deficit which has me losing at about 1.5 pounds per week.
  • murphyp303
    murphyp303 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see some of you are just beginning a long journey, so I'm looking forward to getting a lot of support from all of you! Been counting calories for about 6 weeks and have lost a little over 6 pounds. That is such an accomplishment because I am known to have no will power. But, after back surgery, knee replacement and a broken log, my doctors convinced me that it was time to stop playing around and get serious about my weight loss. I have about 40 pounds to lose, so I'll be here often and for a long, long time. So far, I've been successful by telling myself I have to make a decision about only ONE bite at a time.

Nice to know you and good luck with your daily count.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    70 years old not retired but been in here for 4 years, happy to support those that need help and offer mutual support
  • nhill6517
    nhill6517 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi ladies:
    I'm 68 and retired 4 years .I was asked to come back and help out 16 to 20 hours per week. I really like it knowing that I don't have to work the long hours again .I'm new to MYFPAL . I need to lose as much weight as I can to keep from becoming diabetic. I would like to lose 40 to 50 pounds. I will email and answer all post .Hope to hear from all of you soon,