I hope my story inspires others.

Options
I wish I could say the process and lifestyle change was easy. It wasn't. In 2005-06 I walked into a gym with my cousin who encouraged me to make the trip and hopped on the scale at 352lbs. I damn near had a heart attack. He showed me the ropes and I became obsessed with weight lifting. I dropped all the way down to 250lbs by my 22nd birthday. Weight lifting and working out with others became my strong suit. However, nutrition WAS NOT and even tho I lost 100lbs I didn't see any of the results I anticipated. It was frustrating/heartbreaking. Weight fluctuated for the next 6 years. In and out of the gym, eating "clean" and having cheat days as if the world was going to end. And then my world came crashing down. I lost my mother in 2013 to cancer. Gym and diet was an afterthought for over 2 years. I gained all my weight back. Working 2 full time jobs. In 2015, another cousin of mine(frank) approached me and asked if I could show him the ropes in weight lifting. I was happy to do it and to be back in the gym. I gained a lb in 2 months. He asked me if I ever tried counting calories but I was always lazy to do so. He introduced me to an app, "myfitnesspal" where you can log in your food and it helps keep track of your desired caloric intake and does the counting for you. Life changing. Day 1: food diary: 6000+ calories and I was supposed to be at a deficit

Replies

• torresrob1204
    torresrob1204 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My story was too long
  • Snorks43
    Snorks43 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My story was too long

Your story needed paragraphs :)
    But it's a good story. Thanks for sharing.
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Incredible!! Great work!
  • ladyshellbelle
    ladyshellbelle Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    fabulous effort
  • keodell1966
    keodell1966 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • hoffman2300
    hoffman2300 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    amazing and inspirational - thank you for sharing!
  • CharGillott
    CharGillott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • rontuueyeslikeafox
    Options
    Great post, you've come so far :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job- you are an inspiration.
  • tlynch914
    tlynch914 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Great physical and mental transformation! Congratulations!
  • Chanda2BFit
    Chanda2BFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Great results and yes inspiration for sure
  • zahidsbcc
    zahidsbcc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You might weigh 0.5kg more but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you have gained 0.5kg of fat, it could simply be that you are retaining more water at this week’s weigh in.

Are you also taking body measurements? A lot of people find that more helpful, since it is possible to start shrinking without it showing up on the scales. the 3 week diet

You don’t need to diet on non fast days, but you do need to make sure you eat sensibly (below your TDEE).

I wouldn’t worry too much after one week, but if you don’t see a loss at week two (or a shrinking waistline/ clothes starting to feel easier) then you may need to review what you’re eating each day to see if you over eating.

My advice, don’t panic! It does work. Good luck.
  • Bechler77
    Bechler77 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your story is as long as it needs to be. Congratulations on an amazing accomplishment.
  • bele2009
    bele2009 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well done and congratulations on your achievement. Very inspirational.

Thanks
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You have moved yourself into a better you and your story is great!
  • sdancer2017
    sdancer2017 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! !!
    Thank you for being honest.
    I think my overeating are "cheat days like the world is ending".
    I gotta do this...thank you for giving me some extra motivation tonight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!