Breakfast ideas (not oatmeal)!

Options
I started eating better and started having oatmeal for breakfast but i do not like how it makes me feel. It bloats me like a turkey dinner and like 1 and a half hours later i actually get savagely hungry.

So could you all suggest other breakfast ideas. Thanks

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ^^ agreed,

Most traditional breakfast foods aren't super great on the protein:calorie scale (if you care), so don't be afraid to eat non-traditional breakfast foods for breakfast. No reason you can't have leftovers from last night's dinner for breakfast.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I started eating better and started having oatmeal for breakfast but i do not like how it makes me feel. It bloats me like a turkey dinner and like 1 and a half hours later i actually get savagely hungry.

So could you all suggest other breakfast ideas. Thanks

I get the same from oatmeal and I'm uncomfortable at work! I do best on eggs,ham slice and toast but then that gets boring too
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like to keep a bowl of hard boiled eggs in my fridge to grab and go. Plain yogurt with frozen fruit/nuts/honey is another favorite. Egg scramble with sliced up lunch meat in it. A couple pieces of cheese. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, so I usually just focus on the protein to keep myself full until lunch.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Some of my go-to breakfasts:
    coffee
    Greek yogurt
    Mini egg frittatas
    Bagel thin with whipped cream cheese and lox
    Mashed avocado on toast
    Blueberry pancakes (I eat mine with Greek yogurt instead of syrup)
    Scrambled eggs & veggies
    Leftovers from yesterday
    Eggs on toast
    Fried egg on a sandwich slim with cheese
    Protein shake with fruit, yogurt, & protein powder
    Fried egg on a multigrain waffle
    Fried egg and hummus on a toasted sandwich thin
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Protein bar
    Hardboiled eggs
    Greek yogurt
    Fresh fruit with peanut butter
    English muffin with peanut butter and/or honey
    Lower calorie cereal with or without milk
    Toast with bacon
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat English muffin or wafflers topped with a slice of ham and/or cheese and avocado.
    Scrambled eggs or egg-whites with ham or turkey sausage. Or you can saute veggies the night before and save some to make a frittata for breakfast.
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese with seasonal fruit and high fiber cereal.
  • joaomelo1973
    joaomelo1973 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fried egg (in coconut oil), almonds (6), turkey ham (3 slices).
  • clayelliott847
    clayelliott847 Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Cheese grits!

I have also purchased some Jimmy Dean Delights potato bowls that are good. They were a little bland, like they needed hot sauce or salsa. There sandwiches are good too, although high in sodium, except for the spinach cheese one. I did not like the spinach though, just my personal thing.

Just take a look at the nutrition information for fat and sodium. I picked up an atkins one, that the sodium was 125% of the recommended for the day. I put that back as fast as I could.
  • donnapal79
    donnapal79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sauteed veggies with steamed eggs, with or without toast
    Ricotta cheese with green onions and your favorite preserves with raw vegetables (I use celery)
    Cottage cheese with bananas and cinnamon
    Frittatas (made with whatever you have leftover)
    Soup
    Rice with leftover veggies, an egg and sriracha
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you would eat at any other meal...it doesn't have to be "breakfast" food...

I do eat a lot of eggs...my go to breakfast is scrambled eggs topped with avocado and salsa...but I also frequently just have something a-typically breakfast...like some leftover green chile stew...or some grilled cod with asparagus...or some curried lentils and potatoes, etc...
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Breakfast wraps are easy to make ahead, freeze, and reheat in the microwave.

I like quinoa (or rice) bowls with beans or peas, plus protein and vegetables, for breakfast. Leftovers also make a good breakfast. Cottage cheese makes a good side dish to breakfast.

My favorite fancy breakfast is pumpernickel toast with goat cheese and sliced strawberries, asparagus, and a poached egg. You can poach an egg in the microwave, if you don't feel like getting dishes dirty or cooking first thing in the morning.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm having an omelette with smoked salmon today. Poached eggs are also easy and low calorie. If I'm eating cereal I like to have a nice muesli, or if I fancy toast I like butter and marmite.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I have been digging cottage cheese, toast, and a pjece of fruit.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    My current breakfast is 2 slices of sprouted whole grains bread, toasted, and two triangles of light cheese spread. 170 calories and it keeps me feeling full for several hours.