Why won't the scale move?!

6 days ago, I re-committed to my health. Every day, I have carefully portioned 1,000 calories of lean protein and vegetables. More importantly, I have eliminated wine from my daily routine (no small feat after 12 years of daily consumption!). And I have not lost an ounce!! I get that it's not realistic to see a big loss in 6 days, but it sure would be motivational to see even a few ounces for the effort! I know the only way to the other side is through it- so I'll keep going. (But I might kick that scale!)

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Are you weighing your food? If not, you're eating more than you think. Also - 1200 calories is the minimum you should be eating.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Heh. I'm on day 21 of a pretty drastic calorie cut and have lost about 0.4 lb. There are a lot of factors that influence weight loss. Your cycle, for instance (I put on weight during ovulation and menstruation, making it difficult to see progress). How much you have to lose also matters--the closer you are to normal weight, the more stubbornly the weight will fight you.

There are a few usual suspects you could eliminate. You say you "carefully portion" your food--do you weigh it all on a food scale in grams? If not there could be a lot of sneaky extra calories in your diet. Are you getting enough sleep? Are you stressed out? All these contribute to holding on to weight.

6 days really is too short a time to see noticeable progress. If in three weeks you notice nothing coming off...then reevaluate. For me the fat comes and goes in whooshes that last weeks and swooshes (loss) that last days. Weight loss is not linear.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    2j12ivgeky18.jpg
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    2j12ivgeky18.jpg

Absorb the wisdom of the flow chart. The flow chart knows all.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    You didn't gain weight in 6 days, you won't lose it in 6 days either. Also, 1k is very low unless you're very short.
  • Sashslay
    Sashslay Posts: 136 Member
    Kullerva wrote: »
    aeloine wrote: »
    2j12ivgeky18.jpg

Absorb the wisdom of the flow chart. The flow chart knows all.

The flow chart knows all

Literally. It's the answer to everything.
  • JennaJC1
    JennaJC1 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks to all for your awesome insight and inspiring support!! ❤️